cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: To sex or not to sex? That is the question.

@fosterthepeople wrote:

@ sagira

Thanks for passing on the knowledge.

I'm a little greatful I have a penis then.

Thinking about getting tested for STDs is making me nervous.

haha... No problem.  And hey it never hurts to know!!!  Good to be aware of what your lady friend has to go through one day.

Mmmm...getting tested for STD's isn't such a bad thing I don't think.  From what I know most of it can be done through your blood...and the rest well there's probably going to be a physical exam of some sort.

@fosterthepeople wrote:

I'm a little greatful I have a penis then.

This made me laugh Smiley Happy

Do you know about prostate checks? Not something you need to worry about now, but in the future !

@_sagira_ wrote:

@fosterthepeople wrote:

@_sagira_ wrote:

OH HELL YEAH!!  That does freak me out.  Sometimes I feel better off not having to worry about it.  Also the imminant PAP SMEAR.  Yeah I'd like to go as long as I can without that.

what's a pap smear ?

if i need to go get tested for my sexual health where would i go to get that done ? don't think i've ever heard of a sex clinic before anywhere. do people just go to their local doctor for that ? cause i'd prefer it if it were a sexual health clinic kind of thing so at least i'm not alone in a sense

Pap smear is an annual check of your cervix to test for infections etc and cervical cancer.  They advise that two years post having sex you see your GP every year for one.  The insert a gadget called a speculum into your vagina and have a good LOOK and get a swab.  Fun times. 

Yeah you pretty much just go to your GP or you could see a gynecologist.

I had my first one earlier this year (just with my GP because there's no sex clinic in my town or nearby that I know of) - was VERY nervous and a little bit embarassed (not that I thought anything was wrong but more that someone other than myself or my bf would see me...) when I first booked it in but that soon disappeared and I don't know how but I was able to relax and it all went well... I think I worked myself up into thinking it was a much bigger deal than what it was, so when it actually happened I realised how silly I was for over reacting... Smiley Happy

Really great discussion guys! So many important points were brought up!

- We found that sex was a difficult topic for many of us. Primarily because it’s not really discussed in society and because there is still some ‘taboo’ surrounding it.

- There seems to be many reasons why sex might occur but the reasons we were most concerned about were sex due to pressure either from the partner or from peers.

- It seems that having sex for the first time is still a big deal to many of us. However it does seem like it has become less valued in comparison to ‘yesteryear’

- The primary way we found out about sex was through our friends, the internet and t.v, movies and magazines. Most of us did not gain much education from our parents or from school.

- Our main fears around sex included having sex for the first time and the anxiety surrounding that, STIs, Pregnancy and how it will affect the relationship we are in.

Thank you all for joining in on the discussion tonight! It was great!!!

Hope to see you all around next week for the next Getting Real Session Smiley Happy

@fosterthepeople wrote:

@_sagira_ wrote:

nik-nak92 wrote:I worry about what I look like - and what he thinks about how I look...

Oh yeah...this is a big one for me as well.  I'm not comfortable with my body at all.

I guess being comfortable with your body helps.

I wonder if I should tackle that before I think about sex ?

You know, for me it wouldn't matter what the other person looked like, because I think that even people's flaws are beautiful and I'm very accepting of them.  I think I just need to learn to not think when I see myself in the mirror and just look and remove myself from saying, 'that's my body'.  It makes me feel less self consious if I do that.

thank you for sharing nik-nak92 ! appreciated

Awesome discussion guys, was great to get views from both sides of the virginity line!

@dilz wrote:

Really great discussion guys! So many important points were brought up!

- We found that sex was a difficult topic for many of us. Primarily because it’s not really discussed in society and because there is still some ‘taboo’ surrounding it.

- There seems to be many reasons why sex might occur but the reasons we were most concerned about were sex due to pressure either from the partner or from peers.

- It seems that having sex for the first time is still a big deal to many of us. However it does seem like it has become less valued in comparison to ‘yesteryear’

- The primary way we found out about sex was through our friends, the internet and t.v, movies and magazines. Most of us did not gain much education from our parents or from school.

- Our main fears around sex included having sex for the first time and the anxiety surrounding that, STIs, Pregnancy and how it will affect the relationship we are in.

Thank you all for joining in on the discussion tonight! It was great!!!

Hope to see you all around next week for the next Getting Real Session Smiley Happy

Bye everyone ! Hope you learned something new. I sure did.

@EmilyJ wrote:

Awesome discussion guys, was great to get views from both sides of the virginity line!

haha Smiley Happy 

Great to talk to you all tonight!

Great discussion tonight guys. Good night! Thanks to Dilz and fosterthepeople for facilitating Smiley Happy