cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF should I do with my life?

Have you ever just jumped on to Google to take a personality or career test quiz in the hopes that it might help you figure out what you want to do in your life? I have on many occasions done so especially when faced with a difficult decision and sometimes I don't get the answer that I want which leaves me in a huge confusion like WTF should I do? 

We all go through moments where we just don't know what to do with our lives. Whether you are in high school and are doing an assignment on you future career, whether you are deciding what to study or whether you are finishing uni and are not sure what to do now. All too often we're pressured to have the answer before we're ready and the reality is that there is often never one right answer to this question and it grows and changes with us as we develop through study, work, life experiences etc.

Thinking too much about this can also bring stress and it can really affect our mental health because it brings a type of uncertainty in our lives. I am experiencing this at the moment, finishing my degree, moving out and starting a new life but I don't know what to do next and if it is the right step to take. Sometimes the people around you push you in many different ways which adds on the pressure and sometimes all we want is for everything to stop and nothing to change. 

Asking yourself this question even though it can bring uncertainty it can also open up the door for new experiences and new opportunities and instead of shutting off the world we should open the door and see what comes our way. So in this sessions we will share our experiences on how we get through this phase? how we take care of ourselves in the process and how we come to a resolution about what we want to do? 

So come join us this Monday at 8pm AEST and share with us your experiences and tips on how we can figure this out and also keep our mental health stronger than ever.  

In the meantime check out this handy advice tool:
WTF should I do with my life? (swear warning!)

Re: WTF should I do with my life?

Hello lovely people. Happy Monday Smiley Happy 

Welcome to tonight's Getting Real session!!! Tonight myself and lightuptheworld and Jordan will be co-faciliating. Tonight we are discussing an important issue we all face from time to time about what to do with our lives. 

We all have moments where we feel lost and not sure what we should do with our lives whether we are in high school, finishing high school, starting uni, or finishing uni. Sometimes the pressure to decide can really impact our mental health so we are going to discuss what we can do to make this process easier on ourselves. 

It should be a really awesome night, so look forward to hearing from you all!! Cant wait for your great tips Smiley Happy

Please keep to the forum guidelines and have a read if you haven't already and if at anytime you need to talk check the emergency tab at the top right.

So to start us off tonight:

What are you currently doing to fill your time or what have you done in the past (study, travel, work, volunteering, etc)? 

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey guys,

Looking forward to an awesome discussion tonight!

What are you currently doing to fill your time or what have you done in the past (study, travel, work, volunteering, etc)? 

I'm currently a part-time uni student (started today), job seeker and volunteer. Smiley Happy In the past I've also done retail work. 

At the moment I am in transition, moving to another state so I have no job and have just finished studying my 4 year double degree and all I do at the moment is volunteer and sleep Smiley Happy 

Hello everyone!!!Smiley Very Happy

At the moment, I changed degrees so adjusting to new courses is definitely going to take up my time. I love volunteering and the different opportunities it brings. Smiley Happy Travelling, I totally wish took all of my time - exploring great lands far and wide seems like an awesome way to go! 

Hey everyone! Great to be here Smiley Happy

I'm currently studying and have been for a few years. I also volunteer and work, but study is my main occupation at the moment. I'm finishing this year though so I'm really looking forward to this discussion. I didn't do my life transition/ 'WTF should do I with my life' moment very well when I finished school so I'm hoping to handle it a bit better this time around!

Welcome Myvo Smiley Happy
I would love to travel too actually would be just life changing I think

Welcome DD
I agree I need some tips on how to handle it a bit better too it can really cause unwanted stress.