cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WTF should I do with my life?

Welcome worriedsilly
Glad to have you join us tonight and I agree creativity is beautiful and so is helping people Smiley Happy

Only 107 days until I leave Smiley Tongue

What are you currently doing to fill your time or what have you done in the past (study, travel, work, volunteering, etc)? 

I'm currently working a casual job while busy studying for the GAMSAT (<26 days and counting!) to try and get into medicine next year.

what interests you or what are you passionate about?

I'm inherently curious about the things around me. I love finding out how things work, taking things apart and putting them back together (not always successfully, as my dad's expensive digital camera can attest to when I got my hands on it at the age of 12 >_> ). It's probably why I'm fascinated by technology... and, morbidly, possibly partially why it has always been somewhere in my mind that I wanted to do medicine! Anyone who has ever met me will know I'm also an avid photographer!

Highlighted

What interests you or what are you passionate about?4

I'm really passionate about working with young people. Which makes it really lucky that I do work with some amazing young people.

What interests me, so reading, creating, crafting, making. I like to do things with my hands that are fun, relaxing and get my imagination flowing. But I don't do nearly enough of these things.

Welcome Fozzie Smiley Happy technology and photography sounds like a great mix, what kind of photography?

Welcome to the discussion @worriedsilly Smiley Happy I'll put in a vote for OT - that's what I'm studying and I absolutely love it!

@ruenhonx Yeah it's hard work at times, but definitely lights me up at times too Smiley Happy

Forgot to mention mental health (esp youth), like others have mentioned, is something that I'm really passionate about too. Smiley Happy

@Fozzie wrote:

What are you currently doing to fill your time or what have you done in the past (study, travel, work, volunteering, etc)? 

I'm currently working a casual job while busy studying for the GAMSAT (<26 days and counting!) to try and get into medicine next year.

I hope your studying is going well Fozzie! Smiley Happy 

Hope your study is going well Fozzie! Best of luck!

It is great that we all know what we love and makes us happy Smiley Happy How can the indecision of what to do next impact upon your mental health? If it does what can you do? 

How can the indecision of what to do next impact upon your mental health? If it does what can you do?

For me, I used to have to know exactly what I was going to do, I had written a 5 year plan and when life didn't turn out the way I wanted it to and I was faced with indecision it kinda took over me. I had to sit  down and realised that it's okay if everything doesn't go to plan. Life happens, things happen, and sometimes indecision is a good thing.