cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WTF should I do with my life?

@Magnetic_Orchid wrote:

It sure has been an amazing journey, the 5 year plan had nothing compared to this. Yay life! Smiley Very Happy

Hear, hear! My journey has given me a lot more than my 5 year plan too Smiley Happy

Eventually indecision  tends to result in something happening, us giving into one side to break the cycle and this generally means change. What impact does change have on you and what can you do to prepare for it?

Thanks Myvo, I know it would be great to be able to tune in more for what I really want regardless of other people's opinions, it's tricky thoughSmiley Happy.
And I'll always have support from family so that's a plusSmiley Happy.

Thankies all! My study is going well most days, making massive improvements with organic chemistry which is great as it's also the most prevelant stuff in the GAMSAT itself.

@ruenhonx : Anything and everything pretty much. I'm usually the official photographer at social events, I have a few pets to keep my shutter busy too. Landscapes and a bit of astrophotography aswell Smiley Happy

How can the indecision of what to do next impact upon your mental health? If it does what can you do? 

It can have a terrible negative impact. Worry, shame, anxiety, depression can all come from indecision.

In my second year of uni studying I started thinking that while I mostly enjoyed what I was studying, this isn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, which sent my mental health (and GPA) on a slow decline. Come gratuation that turned into a cliff, and my mental health took a nosedive for pretty much all of 2012 and into 2013. As others have said, asking for help and willing to take the advice onboard can really help, as it did for me personally about mid-2013!

What impact does change have on you and what can you do to prepare for it?

I am in the middle of a change at the moment and I have been going through some mixed emotions like one moment I am really happy and the next moment I'm sad and already feeling homesick or sick in my stomach. I think it is important to keep in mind that this will not last forever, take care of yourselves and it is important to acknowledge the way you feel and deal with it then and there whether speaking to someone or crying it out. It might help you feel a bit better.

By keeping some things consistent in your life, e.g. seeing the same group of people, sport teams. It's of benefit to stay in contact with people from previous circumstances to remind of the person you have been before- helps you not get caught up in new circumstances perhaps.

Change can be very scaryyyyy Smiley Surprised for me! It makes me very anxious because I don't like the unknown and I'm a big planner, and change can often often throw up many surprises and throw plans into chaos. To prepare for change I try to plan as much as I can (see above haha) and make sure that I have coping strategies that I can use to help me manage it. I also ask for help and make sure that I let people know that I'm feeling worried rather than overwhelming myself by dealing with it alone.

I don't think you can prepare for change, I think you just have to be open to change and the possibilty of change.

The impact change can have can vary from a small one to a massive one, I've experienced both of those things recently. Also, I've found that the smallest thing can have such a large impact on your life. I used to be scare of change but now I welcome it, so far it  has brought me great things. But then again, everyone's different and some people I know absolutely hate change

@Magnetic_Orchid wrote:

I don't think you can prepare for change, I think you just have to be open to change and the possibilty of change.

I love that @Magnetic_Orchid It's a great attitude to have I think Smiley Happy It's definitely something I should remember more often!

Highlighted

I really like change, so I'm a bit of a weirdo in that sense. I even seek out change sometimes. Although some changes are very sneeky and it takes awhile to get used to them.

The best tip I have for change is two thing. Enter into it slowly if you can and spend a lot of time visualising the change. I spend a lot of time visualising what changes will look and feel like while I'm going through them and it makes the change a lot easier to deal with!