cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: WTF should I do with my life?

@delicatedreamer Big planners club! I'm reading a lot of us here are and have gone into the whole five to ten year plan. I think it's really motivating to have goals and to find our values. But life can also chuck a lot of stuff at us too. Coping strategies are a bonus and they can be fun too!

Change can be very difficult sometimes but thanks for sharing tips on how we can prepare for it everyone Smiley Happy What are some things you can do to help you decide what to do next? Who can you talk to? 

What are some things you can do to help you decide what to do next? Who can you talk to? 

Do internet research, read pamphlets, talk to friends, go to open days at tafe/uni, do some volunteering or work experience in an area that interest you, talk to career/guidance counsellors, talk to other young people...

Highlighted

@Myvo wrote:

@delicatedreamer Big planners club! I'm reading a lot of us here are and have gone into the whole five to ten year plan. I think it's really motivating to have goals and to find our values. But life can also chuck a lot of stuff at us too. Coping strategies are a bonus and they can be fun too!

Yeah, it's definitely good to strike a balance between planning, while still being flexible too. That's a big lesson I learnt last year. Being kind to yourself if you don't meet your initial goals or your plans don't work out is important too. Sometimes things happen and you need to readjust your expectations and that is a-okay Smiley Happy

Thanks @

Highlighted

What are some things you can do to help you decide what to do next? Who can you talk to? 

There's looking into your passions and interests as well as evaluating what you're good at too. I think you've got to have your heart set on it! if you're at uni, talking to different faculties and schools for information can help as well as visiting an academic advisor. Even looking the uni website for degrees available also helps too as they present what's on offer and may even introduce new degrees too. If you're at school, you can attend uni open days, visit a career counsellor or advisor as well as meeting and talking to people about what they do can give ideas on what to decide. 

> Alrighty guys, I'm off for tonight.  Hope you guys have a spectacular discussion and have a good night! Smiley Tongue

I agree @Lightuptheworld research is so vital and I like the idea of note taking as well @Magnetic_Orchid

Thanks for coming Myvo Smiley Happy glad to have your input always.

Goodnight @Myvo ! Thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Internet research, questionnaires (like personality or job suitability ones), work experience, talk to people who are already doing things that you are interested in, go to visit uni's and TAFE's, or just try something and see what happens (although this can be a bit daunting!). You can talk to family, friends, lecturers and tutors, counsellors, careers counsellors, teachers, program advisors, a mentor in your field (if you have one)...