cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

We like to party

Most of us enjoy partying - some more often than others. With the prospect of high school ending, many 17 and 18 year olds have only one big party on their mind - SCHOOLIES! Whether you choose to celebrate schoolies on the Gold Coast, some exotic island or something a bit more subdued, you will probably be faced with a whole new atmosphere. You might be wanting to try new things and let loose after all you've acheived this year. This is an exciting time and it's totally normal to have questions or have some worries about the unfamiliar as well.

This time of year is also the time for lots of other raging parties like formal after parties, new years eve parties and other summertime fun parties!

On Monday night in Getting Real on the Reach Out forums (8pm AEDST), we are going to be discussing what it means to party and make sure that you have the best possible night. We don't want to get all parental on you but there are some things you might want to think about to make sure that you have a time to remember, rather than a time to wish you could forget. This might entail different things for different people but it is such an important discussion to have at any age and stage of life! It doesn't matter if you are going to schoolies or not, safe partying is an important part of growing up!

So make sure you take some time out from studying from exams to come join us on Monday night with your ideas ready! We especially look forward to seeing all you guys in year 12 who are gearing up for the biggest party of you life!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Re: We like to party

Hey guys,

Welcome to tonights sesh on staying safe during nights (or days) out! I'm Gail and I'll be co-facilitating tonight's Getting Real session with MM and Sophie. 

Getting out with friends and enjoying ourselves is something which can be really good for us - but it's important to be aware of some of the risks that might be involved, and know what to do if things turn sour.

Tonight we'll be talking about all this kind of stuff - so if you've got plans for end of school/uni, Christmas, New Years or just summer partying, come join the discussion and share your tips for making a great night safe!

As always, remember to keep the conversation within the guidelines Smiley Happy If you don't know what they are - check them out here: http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Forum-amp-Commenting-Guidelines/m-p/16/me...

So, to start us off...

Describe your perfect party or night out. What does it involve?

Good evening all! I'm looking forward to a great discussion tonight!!!

I am not a huge party animal, but these days I like to be surrounded by friends, a bit of music (not too loud though!), a bit of alcohol and good food! Smiley Happy I prefer the atmosphere of pubs/bars than clubs as I find clubs to be a bit dodgy!

I am much more of a night in kind of girl though! If I go out I like to be home by a reasonable time (e.g. before midnight!). I am often designated driver too so I don't drink - you don't need to drink to have fun!
Highlighted

Well my perfect party would include lots of friends, bands followed by karaoke followed by a loungeroom dance party to pop music

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

I'm similar MM - I prefer pubs over clubs, but every now and then it's fun to have a night out dancing!

My perfect night out would start with drinks at a friends place, chilling out and listening to music, having some good food, then we'd head to the pub to catch up with people and play pool, or to the city to go dancing. I don't drink a lot but some wine and cocktails wouldn't go astray… then home late to have a sleepover with friends and pancakes the next morning Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Everytime I go to a party I just stand around....LOL.

I prefer mosh pits....

Highlighted

Seems as though good music and food are important for good nights out! Smiley Happy

Next question...

Did/do you have parties when the school/uni year ended? Or are you planning on partying when the 2012 school/uni year is over? What do you expect these parties to be like?

Highlighted

Hey The Creep 7! Thanks for joining us Smiley Happy I'm a bit like that at bigger parties where everyone knows each other (more at house parties, pubs/clubs are usually okay)... Mosh pits are always fun though!

Highlighted

mischiefmanaged wrote:

Did/do you have parties when the school/uni year ended? Or are you planning on partying when the 2012 school/uni year is over? What do you expect these parties to be like?

I never had any of my own end of school parties, but I always went to people's... And most weekends throughout years 10-12 I'd go to friends places for parties for no reason anyway. Usually we'd just sit around and drink, talk, listen to music. Sometimes friends who were in bands would play, and sometimes if we had nowhere to hang out we'd go to the oval or just wander around talking and hanging out.

When uni finishes this year I'll probably go out to dinner with family then for drinks with friends - a couple of us are finishing our degrees this year so we'll definitely be celebrating even if noone else comes with us! 

Highlighted

Hi all, sorry I'm late!

Describe your perfect party or night out. What does it involve?

I had a pretty perfect night out at a uni event over the weekend actually. It involved dressing up, seeing friends, listening to live music, chatting, responsible drinking and getting home at a reasonable hour (which probably makes me sound like a granny but anyway...!). It was wonderful. Smiley Happy

My end of uni party was the one I mentioned above. Apart from that I'm not expecting to go to any parties as I'm not much of a party-goer.