cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: We like to party

Hey DD, thanks for joining Smiley Happy

I can't believe I didn't mention dress ups in my ideal night out! I'm not sure if by 'dressing up' you meant dressing nicely or in theme... but themed nights out are awesome!

Highlighted

@mischiefmanaged wrote:

Did/do you have parties when the school/uni year ended? Or are you planning on partying when the 2012 school/uni year is over? What do you expect these parties to be like?

I went to schoolies (on the Gold Coast) at the end of year 12! I didn't really enjoy it that much though... Schoolies week is VERY different for QLDers compared to the rest of Australia as we are generally under 18 when we finish high school (that will change in the coming years though!). So it was a lot of organized beach parties, and "secretly" drinking alcohol.

I didn't stay for long... I had a bit of an argument with my best friend at the time so I left early. Schoolies is really bad for fighting with friends (most people I know fought with their friends/partners at schoolies). For many of us it was the first time we were really allowed to be independent and we didn't really know how to cope with all that independence! So we argued over stupid things!

If you are going to schoolies I'd really recommend setting some ground rules before you go. Simple things like always making sure you are NOT alone. If someone wants to leave a party early, make sure someone else is prepared to go with you! Make sure you don't do anything stupid (e.g. peircings, not using protection with sexual partners and drinking excessively and/or if you are going to experiment with drugs make sure you do it in a SAFE environment - not in the middle of a party with a bunch of people you don't know!).

In conclusion, I think often we think schoolies is something it REALLY isn't! It is very different from what I expected! It can be great fun but safety is paramount!

Highlighted

Did/do you have parties when the school/uni year ended? Or are you planning on partying when the 2012 school/uni year is over? What do you expect these parties to be like?

I am not a good role model when it comes to this. When the school year is over, I'm generally the one stumbling to the train station and needing greasy fast food. A lot of uni parties involves LOADS of alcohol, and it's very easy t get sucked into that culture. 

omg. Dressing up is awesome too! I wore my new heels on the weekend and it was one of the highlights of my night lol.

welcome this is jess! I think many can relate to the stumbling to the train station and craving greasy food! But does this match your ideal party (Question 1)?

Thanks for joining in everyone! Sounds as though many of us have had different experiences of parties. Smiley Happy Some good, some bad!
Highlighted

It's interesting to hear how different our experiences of post-school/uni parties are! Even if we are having big nights & drinking though, it's possible to do it safely. Next question:

What kind of things can make a great night out turn sour? How can you avoid these situations?

Highlighted

Hey Guys, I might be a bit on again off again tonight, trying to get some homework done that is due in tomorrow...

Describe your perfect party or night out. What does it involve?
I'm not really much of a party person, so I don't really know how to answer this question ; but I tend to enjoy staying at home more, I don't like the idea of going out late at night especially where there is alot of alcohol involved - bad memories when I was a young child. Also my parents never really went out, nore my siblings so I guess there is probably some values there that create this aspect...

@MM: I totally agree - "you don't need to drink to have fun!" I've heard so many stories of 'nights out' and I just think why... but then that's not my idea of fun so I guess each to their own Smiley Happy

I finish year 12 next year, but I don't think I'll end up at parties or anything, probably just go visit some family / explore?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@this is jess - thanks for joining us! I've definitely had some of these nights too, but they're not my ideal... fun every once in a while though!

@bee - thanks for coming - don't stress about being in & out Smiley Happy Everyone is different, & not everyone enjoys going out - that's totally okay!

Highlighted

Ooooh, good question!

My ideal party involves a sall group of friends, casual drinks, red lipstick, and high heels. I'm not big on huge parties (partially social anxiety, partially because it's so hard to talk to people when there's loud music playing). Small gatherings are very, very underrated. Also, themed parties are awesome too! 

Highlighted

Dancing usually makes a good night for me! Year 12 was a while ago for me but I did go to a couple of parties and they were my first...things that ruin nights: drama, fighting and when it gets taken too far (you after others all night or they have to look after you)

Highlighted

@gail wrote:

It's interesting to hear how different our experiences of post-school/uni parties are! Even if we are having big nights & drinking though, it's possible to do it safely. Next question:

What kind of things can make a great night out turn sour? How can you avoid these situations?

Exploring sounds fun, Bee! Some people are definitely not the kind of people who enjoy alcohol fueled parties. I've never been one of those people. But I don't mind a bit of wine and a few cocktails every now and again. Going out and getting really drunk is not my idea of fun though! If it happens coincidentally, it's okay - but my goal of going to a party is NOT to get drunk!