Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: We like to party

I'm off for dinner team!

Highlighted

Sounds like we've all been in that position where we've had to look after someone! It's great that you guys are looking out for your friends. Next up:

What can you do if a party gets out of hand?

Highlighted

@DarwinLoz wrote:

I'm off for dinner team!

Enjoy! Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks for joining in Loz!!

@gail wrote:

Sounds like we've all been in that position where we've had to look after someone! It's great that you guys are looking out for your friends. Next up:

You can try to diffuse the situation yourself, but your safety is the most important thing, so if it's getting dangerous, it's important to not put yourself in a dangerous situation! If it's just starting to get out of hand (a bit of arguing) than maybe you can try separating those people involved and distracting them. But if it's getting violent or if you feel unsafe, it's important to get other people involved. So if you are at a nightclub or bar, talk to a bouncer or the bar staff, but if it's at someone's house it's important that you call the police/ambulance (if necessary) if it's getting out of hand! It might be a difficult thing to do, but it's so important as people could get hurt. It's probably best to also call those people as early as possible so that they can arrive before things start getting out of control!!! It's also important to listen to what they say, so don't argue back! They are doing what's in your best interest.

I also believe prevention is important so if you are having a house party, tell the police so they can keep an eye on the house (they can do drive bys to make sure there are no gatecrashers!), hire security and only invite people you know (SO NO OPEN INVITATIONS ON FACEBOOK!!! - Facebook events are fine, as long as you make it private and explicitly tell people it's an invite only party!). Make sure you have adults around who are sober too.

Safe partying is fun partying!

Highlighted

@gail: Yeah I was worried that she'd be angry at me for involving her mum but she understood why I did it which was good Smiley Happy

Hmm, this is hard... Personally I think I would get out of there as soon as possible and maybe call someone, a friend or family member to let them know what was going on so that I felt a bit safer and could get some advice on what to do.
Highlighted

@gail wrote:

If it's at your place, as soon as things start to feel uncomfotable or out of your control - unfortunately sometimes you just gotta call the police. If uninvited guests disrupt your party or if guests won’t pay attention to your requests to leave - try and call before things get too out of control. 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Okay guys!

Keep those responses coming! They are great!

Next question:

What are some important things to remember when attending a party/night out/festival? Do you have any go-to safety tips?

Highlighted

Safety tips that I try and follow - don't always succeed though - drink water inbetween drinks, space them out and don't drink too many; decide on what i am cool with and not cool with before I start drinking and stick with it. I think that's an especially important one when you might be hooking up with people.

Then there is keeping an eye on my mates - that kinda comes easy.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@mischiefmanaged wrote:

What are some important things to remember when attending a party/night out/festival? Do you have any go-to safety tips?

I make an effort to alternate alcoholic drinks with water (not only to not get too drunk, but also it stops me getting a hangover), have a plan with friends of where to meet up if we get seperated, make sure someone knows where I'm going and what time I expect to be home (I'll text if I decide to stay out later/stay at someone's house), and things like not leaving with people I don't know, not accepting open drinks from people or leaving my drink unattended...

Highlighted

I don't think I have much more to add... Maybe making sure you have your friend's mobile numbers and making sure they have yours so you can ring each other if you get lost. Having a plan for getting home at the beginning of the night and making sure you keep enough money for a taxi!