cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: White Ribbon Day

A healthy relationship would be a relationship where both people are in it for the sake of love and wanting to be together. Both people would have the right to leave at any time for whatever reason. I believe that mutual respect, honesty and trust are big factors in a relationship as well as loyalty. Having fun is also great too! Even if you don't have the same/similar interests or hobbies, having similar values would be important. 

If you were to describe a healthy relationship, free from any form of domestic violence, what would that be like?

I think I would describe a relationship where both partners communicate well, allow each other to be their own person, feel safe and respect each other.

RUE: Equality!! Yes!! Really so important, and where you aren't constrained by gender roles! Gosh, yea equality it so so important

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

dreamer: I love that! Independent but still a couple. Awesome. Being OK to disagree sometimes is so important - you shouldn't be afraid to say anything just because you think your partner won't agree. You need to be comfortable to say things they might not agree with.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

If you were to describe a healthy relationship, free from any form of domestic violence, what would that be like?

I think a relationship with clear, open and sincere communication is what makes a relationship healthy. No matter how caring either party is, if they're not communicating openly, the relationship isn't healthy.

Highlighted

Hey Myvo 

Thanks for sharing and I agree, having your rights respected in a relationship is important. 

Hey Lex 

Thanks for coming on Smiley Happy I agree communication is like the core foundation, definitely and I think once you have it, it makes a relationship so lovely. 

Hey Myvo!! haha how can we forget fun.! Making eachother laugh is a GOOD sign.. Including being able to take the mickey every now and then because the basis of respect and trust is there!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Yup Lex, without open & honest communication there is not much else.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

You are all so awesome right now Smiley Happy 

Statistics show that over 90% of domestic incidents involve a male as the perpetrator. What are some of the positive roles that men can play in ending domestic violence?