cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: White Ribbon Day

So the White Ribbon Day resources list intimidation, coerción or isolation, emotional, physical, sexual, financial (witholding/controlling money) and spiritual abuse (using religious or spiritual beliefs to manipulate them or preventing the partner from practicing their religious or spiritual beliefs)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey @dreamer 

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

It sounds like you went through so much being powerless and in constant fear must have been very difficult for you and you seem more aware now. 

Hey dreamer - thanks for joining us and yes control & feeling powerless are a fundamental part of domestic violence... thanks so much for sharing your experience...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Loving the answers so far!! Smiley Happy

For the next question

If you were to describe a healthy relationship, free from any form of domestic violence, what would that be like?

If you were to describe a healthy relationship, free from any form of domestic violence, what would that be like?

A caring one, where both partners take care of one another through thick and thin, through both the hardest times and the happiest.

I think a healthy relationship is one with trust, respect, equality. I think a healthy relationship also have fights and arguments but they dont put each other down or being aggressive or horrible. It is about compromise and compassion for the other person's feelings. 

Thanks guys.

To me a safe relationship is one where you can both be independent from each other, whilst still being a couple. You both can communicate and have different views and beliefs, and you never have to feel unsafe because of your partners behaviour towards you.

R E S P E C T!! Like the song says! And communication, and empathy.. You treat the other person how you want to be treated...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hey Rhelna! Yes sounds like a good basis for a healthy relationship!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I agree Rhelna 

Many couples nowadays dont stick together through thick and thin and I think sticking together is what makes a relationship healthy.