cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why Volunteer?

How has volunteering made you feel or how do you think it would make you feel?

The volunteering positions that I've previously held have all mostly made me felt accomplished and proactive. In the future though, I would like to volunteer in an area that makes more of a difference to people. I want to help people.

Volunteering makes me feel great. I feel so proud when I've helped someone else, and get such joy from being able to share my passions and seeing other people get something out of something that I've said or done. Makes me feel like I'm putting some positive karma and good vibes out into the world Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Rhelna, great goal! I really love helping people! Definitely something I love about volunteering!

@DD, positive karma and good vibes definitely describe volunteering accurately!

For me, I feel as though I have made a difference which is so powerful. Basically, it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! It's a great feeling!!!

Volunteering is rewarding and empowering, particularly when you see results or have had other people come up to you and tell you that you have made a difference in their lives. So far, with volunteering, it makes me feel euphoric - it's a very overwhelming feeling to know that what you're doing is contributing to society on a very positive note. I guess at times, there aren't words to describe how I'm feeling about it all because with these experiences, they're all fairly new and you know that you should just go with it Smiley Tongue 

Someone catches you unaware with a hug to thank you is awesome.

I think the main feeling is 'I'm making a change', which is something awesome. I have found different organisations offer different feelings, like ReachOut.com work always leaves me feeling really strong and happy, whereas things like Vinnies Chrissy Appeal makes me feel generous and awesome. ALL THE GOOD FEELS

Great thoughts so far guys! It sounds as though we all feel pretty darn special after volunteering!! Definitely provides us all with an incentive to keep volunteering or to start volunteering for those who mightn't volunteer at the moment!

What benefits does volunteering provide you with? How does it benefit others?

I agree so much with all of your answers guys. Would high-five them more than once if I could!

The benefits for both ourselves and the people on the other end (whether that's the organisations or the less fortunate) are endless!

Other people may get things the despreatly need, support, help, free workers, resourses, increased something, change, etc, etc.

We gain skills, confidence, good feels, experience, compassion, determination, knowledge, etc, etc.

Depends what kind of volunteering your doing, but I think that it provides you with both an appreciation for yourself, as well as an appreciation for others. It gives you new skills, builds confidence, and gives you a sense of self worth.
For others, just putting a smile on someones face would be great. Maybe cheering them up if they're having a bad morning.