cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why Volunteer?

What benefits does volunteering provide you with?

- Confidence

- Opportunities to meet people

- References that you can use in future

- Roles and experiences that you can put on your CV

- Learning new skills

- Can lead to other volunteer opportunities, or paid employment

How does it benefit others?

- They get help for free

- Helps an organisation do something (stage an event, run a program etc) that they wouldn't have been able to do without volunteers

- Gives a good image of the organisation and spreads their message (if you're out doing something positive in the community)

It benefits me in numerous ways like if it's relevant to my career path, meeting new people, making new friends, making change, maybe connecting with other organisations or places, getting some good vibes from it and also most importantly, understanding it. It benefits others in a sense that they do receive  help when they most need it or when they receive help when they feel like they're not being judged by others. There's also meeting new people and knowing that there are places where they can find help. Overall, I think it's a win/win for everyone Smiley Happy

What benefits does volunteering provide you with? How does it benefit others?

Highlighted

Wow! I am loving this conversation!! The answers you have all provided are amazing!! I totally agree with them all! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! If I was reading this conversation and had never volunteered before, I'd instantly go find an opportuntity lol. We should be in an ad for volunteering. Smiley Tongue 

It sounds like it would be a win/win situation for everyone included.

If you had a friend who was thinking of volunteering for the first time, what's the number one tip you would provide them with?

If you had a friend who was thinking of volunteering for the first time, what's the number one tip you would provide them with?

Try to choose something that you are passionate about so that you get the most out of it. Smiley Happy

Go for it, give it all you've got and have fun!!! 

I'd tell them to go easy on themselves - if it's an hour a week then they should go for it! If you pick something that interests you and doesn't take large chunks of your time, then it would be a pretty chill volunteering opp to have. There's nothing more terrible than charging onwards without taking time for yourself. 

If you pick something that you are interested in and are passionate about, you will most likely enjoy the role more and get more out of it.

Open your mind and your heart and be open to experience new and challenging things.