cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: You can eat cookies. They are yum.

So maybe the million dollar question.. How can you keep yourself motivated to be healthy?

@Bee wrote:
Also I think a benefit of being healthy is that you can inspire and help others along your path more easily as you aren't struggling with your own issues. Not saying it can't be done, but I think it'd be much easier when you yourself are feeling good Smiley Very Happy

I love this @Bee Agreed.

I should say also that another benefit of healthy diet and exercise for me is that I can manage my anxiety better Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Just itching to get back into the routine again of exercising again!

I hope I'm not detracting from the conversation that was originally set out beforehand. But I thought it'd be poignant to mention my own desire to get active again and get outside a lot more than I have been in roughly the past 10 weeks. 

A lot has happened in my life between now and the last time I was properly physically active. It all began with running and I had gotten right into that last year for some time. I was making some great progress in terms of my fitness and my overall mental and physical health was at its best. That is not to say it still isn't now at all. In fact nowadays I believe the way I think in terms of my own positive attitude was a consequence of exericising as much as I had. And really it was quite instrumental in helping me get through all the adversity I had endured when living back at home with my parents. But sadly, since I had moved out of home a number of times last year I haven't gotten around to going for a walk, run or even gotten to the gym. I don't feel however that I need to go to the gym, I can get all the exercise I need outside. And like last time, I fear as though the novelty of going to the gym will wear off. Maybe this time around I just need to change things up a little bit? Do different things and not go to the gym time and time again and do nothing else. 

Again, I apologise if I have derailed the conversation. What I had to say seemed relevant... 

How can you keep yourself motivated to be healthy?

I wish I knew @rt262 ! There seems to be a whole industry built around trying to answer this question! I try to keep myself motivated by reminding myself of the benefits of being healthy and having healthy habits (better mental and physical health, feeling more positive etc.) , trying to do things (such as types of exercise) that I enjoy, and reading about health and wellness. Reading about what other people are doing motivates me by giving me different ideas of things I can do to be healthy (as I mentioned earlier).

Re: Just itching to get back into the routine again of exercising again!

Hey @Jake ! Welcome! No need to apologise, this topic is all about being healthy and staying motivated and how it makes you feel- so you're right on track!

We were saying earlier how changing routine can totally throw out your health habits. But you're right, there are so many ways to get active out there, not just the gym. (plus it can be super pricey!). I like funny little things like walking to the park and going on the swings or playing basketball on a school court. Also, organising regular things can be good like a team sport or a regular footy session with friends?

How can you keep yourself motivated to be healthy?
This is something I've kind of struggled with for a while, but I'm going to keep a close eye on other responses and work on it. Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Alrighty guys so coming to the end of the sesh, What can you do or plan now to make changes?

@Bee it sounds like it's something we all struggle with at some stage! The more tips we can all share the better Smiley Happy

What can you do or plan now to make changes?
I'm going to work on breaking things down into bite sized pieces and try to stick to them.
I plan to hopefully gain some control and strengthen my willpower Smiley Tongue

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I agree @Bee . I need small steps to keep me in it for the long haul. And I should probably be prepared to have some relapses- because I knw it will happen!