cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're awesome. Stop hiding.

We are all beautiful, but sometimes we want to be more beautiful than we feel we are. We do this by putting on cosmetics, wearing expensive clothes, having expensive things, and we think about being just a little bit smaller, or taller, or maybe just a bit more toned, all because sometimes it is hard to believe that we are beautiful enough.

Society tells us that beauty = success. We look at beautiful people all the time in magazines and on TV, and this assumption appears to be confirmed. What we often forget though that beauty is not JUST skin deep. The qualities that make you unique and interesting are the parts that can't be touched, or drawn, or exaggerated by photoshop or mascara! They are feelings, actions, integrity and stamina. They are things like creative flair, honest nature, and ability to be kind. Have a think about this, cos we'll be asking you to tell us what your inner beauty looks like at this GR session.

If you can't touch or feel these things, how can you identify them? This session we will be talking about how we can focus on looking for inner beauty in others as well as ourselves. We'll look at some examples from the real world, and try to expand our understanding of 'Beauty'.

So come join us this Monday 22 April at 8pm AEST,  and learn what you can do to honor your inner beauty, how focusing on inner beauty can improve your self esteem, and how we can surround ourselves with people with amazing inner beauty and those that can appreciate your inner beauty. 

Start thinking about how you view yourself. Watch this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iswiKQbtwXQ and think about how you might describe yourself.... is it accurate?

Smiley Happy

Re: You're awesome. Stop hiding.

Hi all! Welcome to tonight’s getting real session....beauty.

We’ll be discussing what beauty is, if there is a difference between inner beauty and outer beauty as well as talking about ways in which we can concentrate on our strengths and focus on our amazing qualities.

Facilitating tonight’s session will be Ruenhonx, Sophie and I.

As always if anything in tonight’s session upsets you in any way there’s an emergency help tab in the top right hand corner which we urge you to use. Also keep in mind that we want to keep this discussion safe for everyone so try to stick to the community guidelines. Thanks Smiley Happy

So to start us off tonight let bring on the first question

What is beauty?

What is beauty?

What a big question! I think beauty is the physical attributes, personality traits, behaviours, values etc. that make us all unique and special Smiley Happy

@delicateddreamer - Welcome!!! Haha yes it is a HUGE question. But it's great to hear you list so many different qualities

What is beauty?

That is such a hard question, I think beauty is different for different people but to me beauty is a kind heart, a lovely laugh, nice eyes, a cute smile and a caring person. I think we all have beauty in us but different kinds of beauty Smiley Happy

hi y'all.... what is beauty? what is the meaning of life? big questions... i guess its the traits in people that makes you want to get to know them?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I just had to share this one

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I agree with that Soph

@delicatedreamer You have a point, that is what beauty could be. 

Personally, I don't understand the word beauty. I don't know why people strive to change their appearance even if they are beautiful naturally. My friend looks worse when wearing make-up than she does without. I think make-up hides beauty, if beauty is an appearance or something you can see. 

My best understanding of beauty is that it's something from the mind. Beauty is how people see themselves and each other. It doesn't have to be a real thing, it's more like an ideal. People believe that beauty is a big part of the world, and it is. As an ideal. People have been made to believe that "true" beauty(for girls) is being lathered in make-up and skinny. For guys it's for them to be, trim and muscley. Again, I don't understand why girls in my school insist on being ugly, then covering themselves in make-up and calling themselves beautiful when, in my eyes, they just look worse. But then again, beauty is how you see others and yourself so I guess in my eyes, beauty is your natural appearance. 

There I go, rambling. But everybody is awesome and has that special something that makes them unique, like delicatedreamer said. 

Beauty can be an inner thing, like personality too. But if you be yourself, if anyone else thinks you're not beautiful then it's them, not you.

What is beauty?

To be honest when I first hear the word beauty I do think physical beauty (as in if I played that word association game the first thing I think is physical beauty) but I wholeheartedly agree with what everyone has said so far. Beauty is much more than what's on the outside!!!