cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: f is for family: the fun, the fiascos and the feuds

What are the great things about a family unit or environment? Or yours in particular?

- The support we give and receive
- The fact that they 'get' me (i.e. we have our little inside jokes etc that make sense to us)
- Our family routines and rituals
- Having people to share things with Smiley Happy
Highlighted

What are the great things about a family unit or environment? Or yours in particular?

For me the great things about my family are 

- I aways know I have their support

- They push me when I don't believe in myself 

- They've given up a lot for me 

- We have heaps of fun together Smiley Happy

LeaLea07 wrote:

I wouldnt ask for a different family or environment. I feel blessed - even if at times our family irrate us or get under our skin.

Yea, we;ve tooootally focused on the positives so far.... I havent mentioned yet that i can't live in the same house with my family!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@delictedreamer - lol inside jokes are the best...we have them too. Looking back none of ours are actually funny though Smiley Happy

thanks for sharing some of the great things about your family. dont worry if it was hard to think of some great things on the spot. Maye it will be easier to answer this...

4. What do you do with your family for fun? Or what did your family do?

What do you think makes your family a family?

I think for mine it really is as simple as us being related by blood, and our growing up together. Or at least, our growing up with the understanding that we are each others family.

This upbringing sort of forces some loyalty and care between us all which adds to it.

@dilz: Really simple because of how we're made up - step families, half siblings, spread all around. People always get a little overwhelmed when I start explaining how big and complicated my immediate family is.

@Sophie - I moved home this year after being out of the family home for 3 years..... "challenge accepted" - but not well at times haha it was hard coming back to the nest. Small annoying habits are so much more noticable.

@lea totally... I've done it a few times over the years, especially when going overseas or coming back... everyone gets a bit annoyed at the little things!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

4. What do you do with your family for fun? Or what did your family do?
hmmmm... well when i was younger we used to go camping a lot... which i'm so grateful for now because I still love camping!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

fun things my famiy do include going out for dinner, going on holidays, watching movies, laughing at our pets, going camping. probably alot of little things too....that we take for granted that are fun but they go unnoticed.