Re: moving away from home

No problem @N1ghtW1ng! Clone Wars sounds like a pretty good time Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng no worries! Enjoy Clone Wars Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Have fun @N1ghtW1ng !

Also i don't actually have a list of tenant union contact details! But i do know there's one in every state and teritory so have a bit of a google! I am going to add a note for RO to make a page about tenant's unions Smiley Happy

Highlighted

That's cool, I never even knew they existed! Smiley Surprised
Highlighted

Ok let me catch up I just had major issues with the site! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Now let's keep going at the legal stuff:

What can you do if you run into trouble with a bad housemate, dodgy landlord or a messy house that fails an inspection?

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng thanks for joining the chat, 

Following your earlier Q, how do you actually move out, find a roommate, that sort of thing. Especially when thst roommate would be a total stranger i.e. not a friend.

When i looked for sharehouses i just looked people up on gumtree and other websites, so you can search online, look at newspapers, university community boards for people advertising sharehouses. You go and meet them check out the house and decide if it would be a good place to live, maybe bring your parents along the first time.

If you banish the dragons, you banish the heroes
- Andrew Solomon
Highlighted

@Ben-RO come dine with me works like this... Each week, or fortnight or whenever we can fit it in, somebody cooks dinner for all of us, usually at our place but sometimes at some of our friends houses. so the person cooks, everyone eats dinner and then we video ourselves voting on the meal, then the videos are played back, score is calculated, whoever got the highest score out of everyone who has cooked, wins. It's pretty funny watching everybody in a drunken state videoing themselves.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

What can you do if you run into trouble with a bad housemate, dodgy landlord or a messy house that fails an inspection?

If you have a bad housemate for whatever reason I think it's important to be upfront with them in a respectful manner, and just discuss with them what's making you feel frustrated or uncomfortable. Sometimes that doesn't work, and if you're the one in charge well I guess it would be okay to ask them to leave? I'm not really sure though, I've 0% experience on this matter Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@j95 that sounds like so much fun! Defs gonna give it ago in the distant future Smiley Very Happy