cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT] Aromantic and Asexual

Valentine's day has come along, and with it the idea of dating, romance and love. This Monday's chat will be about aromanticism and asexuality, which is the lack of romantic and sexual feelings respectively. 

Pride Asexual Flag GIF by Bustle

(asexual flag)

Aromanticism and asexuality are similar identities but also exist on their own spectrum. It can be difficult to live in a world that pushes romantic and sexual relationships when you don't feel them. 

Come join us for a chat about aromanticism and asexuality at 7:30pm AEDT on Monday the 19th

(aromantic spectrum flags)

Join us on Monday 19th for a chat on aromanticism and asexuality!

Re: [CHAT] Aromantic and Asexual

Hyped for this Smiley Happy

Hello and welcome to tonight's chat Smiley Happy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

WELCOME! 
justice league GIF by Warner Archive

@Strawberries @mrmusic @roseisnotaplant @j95 @Bee @Bree-RO @SpencerH13 if you're free tonight, feel free to stop by! Smiley Very Happy

Time for the first questions of the night...

What do you know about aromanticism and asexuality?

Very little about the first.. Asexuality from what I understand is the lack of sexual attraction to others or a very low interest in the desire for sexual activity. But this could be off, so keen to know more Smiley Happy

Hey everyone! Smiley Happy

What do you know about aromanticism and asexuality?

Well I understand aromanticism as an identity where the person concerned is not romantically attracted to another person, and asexuality where the person is not sexually attracted to other people. That’s literally all I know.

@Bree-RO @mrmusic pretty much Smiley Happy It's defined as being a lack of sexual attraction but it's a spectrum itself with some people having no attraction, some people a little.
And aromanticism is the lack of romantic attraction, which is a different kind of attraction to sexual attraction. Like asexuality (and a lot of other things) it exists on a spectrum. You can be both or one or the other Smiley Tongue

@N1ghtW1ng has raised an important point - the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. This is often overlooked in my view, and extends far beyond the realms of asexuality and aromanticism. Time for me to get back on topic...

hi everyone Smiley Happy

i am interested to learn some more about this, i find it to be an interesting topic and also theres nothing wrong with being different

from my understanding asexual is when someone doesnt have any sexual feelings or desires

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 1 member 177 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors