cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Overcoming Perfectionism

@FootyFan26I never wanted to go to uni as in my mind I knew I wouldn't cope with it and I have yet to regret it Smiley Happy I'm halfway through doing a Cert. 4 in Community Services at tafe and I am LOVING IT so much so that I am going to do my diploma in it when it finishes. I always feel with Tafe if you don't like what you're studying then it's not a huge commitment as the courses rarely go for more than 6 months anyway so you can study multiple things Smiley Happy I did a Cert. 3 in business worked a bit, was unemployed for 2 years and are now back studying something in a completely different area and I don't regret not going to uni Smiley Happy

I laugh quite often about setting off the security alarm during work experience and I now have that claim to fame in that work place. I actually worked there for 6 months a few years after it happened and people still remembered it though they did (thankfully) forget that I was the one who did it! 

That's some really good insight @ErinsAntics, taken on board Smiley Happy

As for something I can laugh about, I think mishearing someone. I thought they asked if the teacher if she was a hobo and thought it was hilarious when I realised I was way off Smiley Very Happy

I've got to head off - it's been great chatting to you all tonight goodnight Smiley Happy

That's all for tonight, thanks so much for joining in and feel free to keep answering these questions Smiley Happy 

I think so. :/

Hey @obnoxiouslife Smiley Happy would you say you identify as a perfectionist?
LECTURE @THE SCHOOL OF LIFE: Striving for self-perfection is considered a high virtue. And, as one of the world's leading psychologists, we might assume Carol Dweck is a paragon of self-perfectionism. That is, until her lab studies revealed the irony that wanting to be perfect stops people ...

Hiya,

I just watched this video on perfectionism and I really like it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgUF5WalyDk

It's about fixed and growth mindsets.. I had heard of them before but didn't really think too much about them. Now it feels more relevant Smiley Happy

Highlighted

That's pretty cool @cupcakes_032, I really like it.
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 198 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors