cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT]: Relationships with age gaps

I'm sure that at some point, everyone has heard about a relationship with an age gap in it. For instance, there are 21 years between Jennifer Lawrence and her partner Darren Aronofsky, 12 years between Beyoncé and Jay-Z and even 11 years between Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Maybe you've also heard of relationships with age gaps existing in your personal life, or you're in (or have been in) one yourself. 

25.gif

It's almost certain that being in a relationship with an age gap carries some unique benefits and challenges. These can be related to balancing emotional maturity levels, making sure that each member of the relationship has the same degree of input, or even things like handling the complexities of having a partner in a different stage of life to yourself. What are some ways that people can approach these challenges and turn them into positive, healthy aspects of their relationship?

Come join us on Monday, 4th December at 7:30 AEDT to have a chat about all these things and more. We hope to see you there!!

NB: This discussion is assuming that all people within these relationships are of the legal age of consent, and that all relationships are conducted with such consent. If you have any questions about the legal parameters of your state/territory, please visit http://www.lawstuff.org.au/ to find out more

Re: [CHAT]: Relationships with age gaps

Hey everybody! How's it going? 

Hey @Ben-RO!

So, this is an interesting chat, anyone here been in a relationship with a bit of an age gap? Do you know of anyone who is in that kind of relationship? 

Hello everyone!!

Greetings @Sarah7714!

Sooo instead of freestyling, i better ask the questions we prepared! 

What positives do you think there are to relationships with age gaps have?

Hey everyone!

Good questions @Ben-RO. I haven't been in a relationship with an age gap but I vaguely know a few people who have been.

And Demi Lovato was in a relationship with someone 13 years older than her and I adore Demi Lovato, haha

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Me parents were in that kind of relationship. I’ve also heard of really young people in relationships with the elderly which I find interesting as well.

I know a couple with a 20 year age gap. The positive is that one person has a lot of variety of experience to offer the other person. The other person in the relationship could be more energetic or ready to try new things which can positively influence the older person.
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

Oh by the way, hello everyone! 👋🏼

—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 181 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors