cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:29 PM

@SanguineSally i have never heard of or played that game before! but i googled it! sounds interesting.

@FootyFan26 there is nothing wrong with having trouble being optimistic. i know some days i am completely the same as all most of your bullet points! it really helps if you are aware of it though - and it sounds like you are someone who is 100% aware of their personality. it's a really handy thing to have. i wonder if you thought really hard... what is the last thing you were optimistic about? or what was the last good thing that happened to you - is it something you expected or a surprise?

lanejane

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:32 PM

Last good thing was getting Third Best and Fairest in footy as well as waking up this morning. I was kinda half expecting to wake up this morning but I wasn't expecting 3rd B&F.

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:38 PM

that's awesome @FootyFan26 - as someone who clearly loves footy it's awesome that the sport is recognising you back!

i'm also very glad you woke up! Woman Happy

lanejane

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:39 PM

How did you know I love footy @lanejane!? 😛

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:37 PM

What do you think would be some of the benefits of practicing optimism??

• Happier in general
  • Become more productive
  • Physically and mentally healthier
  • Make things a bit lighter
  • Reduce your workload
  • Rest your brain a bit
  • Make the people around you happier
  • Help you see the bright side of things and look forward to them more
j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:42 PM

What do you think would be some of the benefits of practicing optimism??

- being able to forward to what is to come
- get through hard times a little easier cause you can see the positives on the other side
- the people around you can catch on to it and be a little bit happier themselves. Being positive around other people can bring everyone up a little bit, cause you're creating that vibe. I know that if I rocked up to work tomorrow saying that everyone there hates me and work sucks, everyone would probably agree and start to feel that way too. I don't even feel that way but it's an example. So if I went to work and said oh gee it is so nice today it's going to be a great day, I bet most people would agree and act the same sort of way.
- you can get more done with a positive mind - it motivates you because you think oh I can do this and look ahead.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
lanejane
Star contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:43 PM

"- you can get more done with a positive mind - it motivates you because you think oh I can do this and look ahead. "

@j95 spot on. totally agree!

lanejane
Sveto
Super frequent scribe

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:50 PM

@lanejane wrote:

"- you can get more done with a positive mind - it motivates you because you think oh I can do this and look ahead. "

@j95 spot on. totally agree!

Do we really need to get more things done? Why is quantity so important? We should aim towards a good life and not more things done!

j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:57 PM

Some things you have to get done @Sveto like tafe assignments and jobs for work - if you work on a time frame you need to get as much done in that time as possible. That's just my situation though
lanejane
Star contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:55 PM

@Sveto thats an interesting way of seeing j's response! it's cool that you see things from a different point of view. makes for good discussion Woman Happy

i think j just means that if you're having a bad day, a positive outlook on life can help you achieve your goals 🙂

lanejane

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:58 PM

I rekon this is a good time for our next question considering our current chat..

5.    Sometimes it can be pretty difficult to be optimistic, whether it’s because of your own life or looking at the things going on in the world. What are some common things that might hurt our chances at being optimistic?

My response to this question is that if you've been let down in the past when you have been optimistic it can sometimes be hard to get into a positive mind set again. Naturally, you feel let down! And it can be heaps shitty Woman Sad

For example - like if you try really hard for a job and don't get it. Or if you study like crazy for an exam then dont get the score you want. It can just be hard to get back on track.

lanejane
Sveto
Super frequent scribe

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:04 PM

@lanejane wrote:

I rekon this is a good time for our next question considering our current chat..

5.    Sometimes it can be pretty difficult to be optimistic, whether it’s because of your own life or looking at the things going on in the world. What are some common things that might hurt our chances at being optimistic?

I am impressed with how  many people want to change the world. But I think, many of us don't know where their world is.

It is not in the news, on Facebook, newspaper etc. Your world is around you, your world is where the consequences of your acions reach.

The wrong thing going on in the world is fixing it. Everyone on this planet is convinced  he is doing the right thing. But we can not agree about what the right thing is.

As of me, bein kind to everyone is the right thing to do.

lanejane
Star contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:08 PM

being kind is definitley a good thing @Sveto and it's cool that you say our world is around us. sometimes i totally forget that!

lanejane
FootyFan26
Uber contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:07 PM

Do you mind simplifying that @Sveto, I don't quite understand.

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:09 PM

Okay, well my head's way too fucked up to talk right now. All I can feel is anger and frustration and whatever other shit's up there.

I don't know why I'm pissed off but I am so I'm gonna leave now.

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:15 PM

@FootyFan26 Please stay safe, and remember we are here to support you. If you're felling better come back later and hang out on the forums. thinking of you!!!

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:13 PM

hey @FootyFan26

i'm sorry you're feeling like that 😞

i have really enjoyed all your responses on the forums tonight and you have bought such a good persepctive to our chat. i agree with so many things you have said and can see heaps of similarities between us.

i hope you will come chat to us on another section of reachout later if you're up to it? it's heaps cool if you need to go have a breather though. it's always a good idea to just do something chill if you can feel yourself getting frustrated.

again thanks so much for being here though. you are awesome.

lanejane
j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:01 PM

5. Sometimes it can be pretty difficult to be optimistic, whether it’s because of your own life or looking at the things going on in the world. What are some common things that might hurt our chances at being optimistic?

When you have been knocked down in the past, maybe with the same situation multiple times, you feel like there is no hope. You cannot see the good or things getting better.
lanejane
Star contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:05 PM

@j95 having the same thing happen multiple times is definitley true.

like... imagine if you went to get a coke from a vending machine and a lemonade came out every time. in the end you would not be very optimistic about using vending machines haha

lanejane
Sveto
Super frequent scribe

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:16 PM

Or you say: "hm, this lemonade is not bad either!"
j95
Uber contributor

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:10 PM

Or if you went to a fast food place every single time for months they would stuff it up, I wouldn't have much faith in going back to that same place after a while. But an optimistic person would say oh that is not their fault maybe they don't realise, they might not stuff it up this time

originally posted on 14-09-2015 9:07 PM

hahahah love your vending machine analogy @lanejane!!!!!!

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:45 PM

@Sveto i feel like you should write poems or something. your responses are so soulful.

i am optimistic that your poem writing would be a success 😛

lanejane

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:39 PM

@FootyFan26 awesome pros of optimism

originally posted on 14-09-2015 8:42 PM

(time for another pic from me Cat Tongue )

OPTIMISM:

olaf 127f80329222a77.jpg

lanejane