cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 5 random things about you!

Oh, yes I would love to join that club @Myvo! I hate how in a lot of workplaces it is expected that all the women wear heels with shaved legs, or else stockings constantly (my friend just started full time work). Having to dress a certain way to get ahead is terrible!
Yes! I was at the chemist waiting yesterday just looking at things wondering what on earth it all is! I bought a lipstick (my first ever that wasnt a one off borrow from my mum) just because it looked like a crayon. I hope it is meant to be used as lipstick :/

I love my pair of gumboots, they are paisley and colourful. I always get nice comments. When I wear them I sing "singing in the rain" to myself as I joyously walk straight through the puddles (you cant walk over it, you can walk under it, you'll have to go through! - Sorry I work with kids so my mind always reverts to childrens rhymes). There is nothing nicer than having warm dry feet when it is wet, that way you can enjoy the rain!

Hm good on you for thinking ahead about the impact a tattoo has on blood donation when it is still recent. A lot of people dont think that far ahead. I do not think I would ever be able to settle on an image for a tattoo and then I would end up disliking it too quickly. Henna makes a good alternative, Ive found.

How do you know that pigs dont like you?!

You would make a great leader within the Flat Show Walkers Club for Aspirational Hairy Legged Ladies! What do you want to be now, when you grow up?

Haha that gets me too. Plus, the time taken to do the maths to figure out how old it makes the child disrupts the flow of conversation.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Some days I would be part of your club, other days, not so much. @Myvo @ClCl

I haven't shaved my legs since my trip to Melbs at the beginning of the year. I prefer to wear flats and most of the time, I don't wear make-up.

I don't think I could ever commit to a tattoo. I've entertained the idea, but can never settle on the design.

5 Randoms.

1. I want to get my forward helix pierced.
2. All my current piercings have been done with the gun.
3. The thought of getting a piercing with a needle both scares and excites me.
4. I'm craving that burning feeling of a freshly pierced ear. Weird, I know.
5. I know of one person who is addicted to that feeling and has just about ran out of space on lobe and helix.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@ClCl Awesome! You can be one of the co-founders. We'll start our own club with a mascot and matching shirts! What that would be exactly, I don't know but there's more to come Smiley Tongue Totally agree about workplace/business wear - a lot of the time, it's not only expensive but rather heavy (?). Stockings can be tight, itchy and kinda ugly-looking too. I'm so stumped about your lipstick crayon because I know that cosmetic companies like to be confusing. So it can be anything - a lipstain, lipgloss, some rando blush thingy. OH THE WONDERS OF MAKE-UP. 

All good about children's rhymes - good to keep the fun alive Smiley Tongue Gumboots, an awesome colourful umbrella, comfy socks, and a funky soundtrack (as well as tea after your adventure) is all you need on a rainy day Heart 

@stonepixie Tattoos, damn. I hear that once you get one, there's no stopping you haha. You just keep coming up with ideas for what you want next in ink. I was thinking about getting either one with flowers (a lotus, a peony, and some kind of Australian flower) for cultural heritage or a delta sign on my right foot to symbolise that I'll be taking the 'right step' towards change Smiley Tongue But those things, yes - life commitment!

One of my friends recommended getting a piercing with a needle because unlike a gun, it doesn't damage/tear the tissue. Each to their own though!  Not shaving your legs is great though, no need to wear stockings :smileyvery-happy:

I was on a farm on the weekend, and we went to visit the pigs. Tried to pat one and she snorted and attempted to headbutt me D: Haha, it could've been the weather but...you never know O_O

When I grow up (if ever haha), I want to be either a health psychologist, working with clients and doing research or a doctor, working in foreign aid with not-for-profits. Only time will tell!

@Myvo : exactly what i wanted to be! .. Health psychologist making difference in peoples lives guiding them to good choices, or working in research, or doctor definitely only to work in foreign aid organizations - but i have kids so a no goer - or else in schools or unis as a guidance type counsellor.

Hey, thinking back i was also keen, around my teens, to be a comic artist or illustrator working in animation, or an archeologist, and even a dentist! Also dreamed of playing bass guitar as the only girl in a boy band, haha!

@evanescence People with kids go on to do amazing things! It may be a challenge to have a work-life balance, but it's not impossible. I think that by reaching for the stars, you're giving your kids a message that they can aspire to reach their goals too by being a persevering role model Smiley Happy

All of your dream teen careers sound so cool - especially archaeology! Because it's so 'out of the ordinary', there'd be heaps of people wanting to know what sort of artefacts or mysterious ancient ruins that you've come across Smiley Tongue 

The needle is also more hygienic, @Myvo

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I'VE FOUND MY PEOPLE! I do shave my legs sometimes but I cannot for the life of me get into makeup or high heels. I'm also grateful I'm doing nursing because although scrubs are the most unflattering clothing ever, it means I don't have to deal with business wear.

Also I got my ears pierced with a needle - most people I've spoken to who've had it done both ways have said it actually hurts less with the needle. I'm completely fine with needles but find the idea of piercing guns scary Smiley Sad

Here we go!

I love graphic novels, especially watchmen
I am left handed
I have had purple, red, black and orange hair before ( one at a time) haha
I used to sing in a band and am hoping to get back into solo performing
I used to have pet huntsmens called Vladimir and coco

we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle

@Craycray17 left-handers unite! Smiley Happy

I find it incredibly difficult to stay focused.
I type really fast but then make mistakes.
Oh, I can type without looking at my hands or the keyboard!
I can also play select songs on the piano with my eyes closed.
And some songs I can play on a right-handed guitar.
Is that five? Think so.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Go us @N1ghtW1ng! the difficulties of having a left handed guitar, so never being able to play on other people's at their places, it's a tough first world problem!!
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle