cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ATSI Gathering Place

I miss being back home
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Do you plan to visit them again anytime soon @j95?

Too expensive don’t have money @Birdeye
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Damn expensiveness Smiley Sad

Totally something worth saving up to do again when you can though by the sounds of it. I guess until then it's a nice thing to plan in your head?

Are you able to contact any of the people you met there? Or have you stayed in contact with them? Like, it's not the same, but connections are good.

I meant to post in here ages ago and forgot. I live on the land of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation (I'm sorry if I spelt that incorrectly).

And one of the libraries in my area is called Bunjil place. Inside, there's an interactive screen where you can learn more about the Aboriginal people of our area, which I think is really great.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Beautiful addition thank you @letitgo so cool about the screen!

That's so cool @letitgo - thanks for sharing that! 

I wanted to come on here to remind everyone that NAIDOC is coming up in a few weeks - 8th - 15th of July. 

This year the theme is: 

Because of her, we can 

Go here to get more info - https://www.naidoc.org.au/

We will be posting more about this during the event, but please reply here if anyone has anything they'd like to share on this year's theme, or on what you're doing as part of NAIDOC. 

Poster_2018.jpg

At my Arts Committee meeting last night, they told us that in a few weeks we're having an elder from the local Indigenous community come to teach us about cultural sensitivity as it applies to Australia's first nation's people and I am so excited to increase my knowledge in this area and hopefully educate other people about it as well.

I thought about you @j95 and this thread as soon as they told us!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Do you feel like it's something that could end up commonly used in your area @letitgo?

I was in Darwin a couple of weeks ago, and was told by my sister (who is currently living up there) that she had cultural sensitivity training, and that it was really needed due to the amount of the population who are indigenous.