cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATSI culture in the Northern Territory

I'm going to the Northern Territory in a couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to learning more about the original custodians of our land. I think it's really important to open up this discussion and I'm so happy that @j95 is willing to chat with me about this!

Everyone please feel free to jump in. Have you been to Uluru/Northern Territory?

What did you think?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Re: ATSI culture in the Northern Territory

Yes @letitgo would love to hear what @j95 has to say on this one Smiley Happy

I am actually really keen to head to NT, I have heard it's a part of the country like no other, full of rich history. <3 

I’m super keen for this discussion as well! @letitgo @j95 I have to admit I know very little about Indigenous culture to be honest. I 100% agree that it is so important to have an open discussion about this to build understanding and empathy.

I’ve never been to the Northern Territory before, but I’d love to go one day. Someone from my mum’s work went to a wedding at Uluru recently, and apparently she enjoyed it immensely, although was disappointed by the fact that she didn’t see many native animals. But apparently it was a really eye-opening and enjoyable experience.

I went to Alice Springs then went from there
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Oooh @j95 I'll be in Alice Springs for a couple of days. Is there anything in particular you'd recommend? What was your favourite part?

I went to nt in grade 12. it was amazing. I was also studying aboriginal studies at uni before I dropped out. It's something I'm keen to go back to.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@letitgo I was only there for a night before I had to travel to my community

wow @redhead, what was your favourite part of NT?

@j95 my bad, I didn't realise. I think there's an Indigenous culture museum that I'm keen to visit.

That’s cool!! @letitgo hopefully you can go soon