cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ATSI Gathering Place

Thanks

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime

How are you going today? I am so sorry for loss and sending you lots of support. 

I lost my grandmother a few years back and I was unable to attend her funeral too. It's really heart breaking to think you miss that chance to say good bye. On the day of her funeral I had my own memorial for her in my own way, I sat and thought about all my favourite things I did with her, I had a curry for lunch because she loved them! I even walked around the same way she did, which made me laugh because she always walked really funny with her hands resting on her bum Smiley Happy. Perhaps this could be something you could try to do? 

Also, Hello Everyone! 

This thread fills my heart with so much joy! What a beautiful place to see so many of us mob here having a yarn! 

I am a Nywaigi woman from NQ! Considered a little rain forest tribe, our land is full of beautiful wetlands! 

In my spare time, I tend to laze around at home and netflix/read. 

In my opinion, the best thing about being ATSI is the instant connection you feel with our mob. The ties we create are so strong and for life, our eagerness to support each other, praise each other and share knowledge with each other is what I love. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all!! 

Highlighted

Hello @lennycat2017, thank you so much for sharing! Smiley Happy I don't identify as ATSI, but I've found that connection you refer to so inspiring! Something that we can learn from, that's for sure!

@Lan-RO page 9

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime I'm really sorry for your loss, that's sad news Smiley Sad What have you been doing to look after yourself tonight? Heart

My mentors and my youth support worker are help me look into possibly some sort of scholarship or sponsorship to get me back home to see my family. I saw my ysw today after what happened last week because I didn’t want to see him so I wasn’t answering his phone calls and we had a really good catch up today. I like that he doesn’t tell me what to do but also really honest with me especially when i’ve fucked up. Keeping it really, and getting shit done 👊🏾

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, thanks for sharing this! I really hope that this scholarship or sponship arrangement works out, please keep us posted! I'm really glad that you've had a great catch up with your youth support worker. Smiley Happy

Yeah me too @mrmusic I hope they can help me find a way.
It was good to catch up also gave me a chance to apologise for my behaviour last week now that I was a bit calmer.

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime I'm really proud of you for owning up to your behaviour and being able to apologise for it. It shows a great level of maturity and responsibility. Kudos to you, it takes a lot to do that sometimes Heart.

When do you catch up with YSW again? 

Keep us posted Smiley Happy