cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

All things Christmas..

Hey guys πŸ‘‹

So I'm not sure about you guys, but I know this time of year brings up a LOT of emotion for me. Some are heart-felt heart-warming emotions, whilst others... not so much. Whilst being a pretty difficult time of year for me (I won't bore you with the details) I also find it brings out a bit of the old childish me that still likes to try and believe there is magic and good in this world! 

Anyway... moral of the story. I thought we could try and bring some christmas magic and spirit to our community by sharing some fun and exciting christmas ideas? Maybe you have a tradition in your home where you like to bake gingerbread cookies like @Janine-RO to share with loved ones, or you enjoy making handmade gifts for others? Idk.. absolutely any ideas are welcome!! If you would like to share links and photos of some creative christmas ideas and recipies I would LOVE to see and hear all about them 😍

It could also be fun to have little baking or craft sessions together where we can share our masterpieces, or not so masterpieces.. πŸ˜‚ It's all just for a bit of fun and a nice distraction for when times might be tough over this break and we are needing some support and something to keep our mind busy..

So if you'd like to join me, I'd LOVE the company! I've already signed @Lost_Space_Explorer5 and @Eden1717 up for some christmas cookie baking which I know they are just ecstatic about! πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚ 

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! And thanks for being a community of incredible humans I can always rely on ❀

56c8a1f6a4b1062735a8881a580f8955.gif

Re: All things Christmas..

I'll get us started.. 

Here's a pretty cool idea I found the other day! I'm in the process of making one for the staff that work in my psychs office cause they've been a huge support for me this year and I feel like the work they do doesn't always get acknowledged. They are saving lives, literally. 

christmas-tea-trees-14-1.jpg

And the link if anyone wants to try making their own.. 😊

http://www.thirstyfortea.com/2014/12/19/christmas-tea-trees/

those trees are cute @MB95  I havent got any good ideas yet but i will think of some and come back to post them.   

Edit: oh actually making Christmas tree cupcakes would be fun and pretty simple. Christmas-Tree-Cupcakes_WEB-1

OMG @Eden1717!! They are amazing!!! What wins over your heart most? Baking cookies or making these lil delights?! 😍

Awwww @MB95  that is such a cute and extremely thoughtful idea! About to go into a meeting but will pop back after with two of my favourite Xmas recipes that I like to cook for people Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

@MB95  Hmm idk but I like both cookies and cupcakes so it is a hard choice between the 2. 

Hmm.. so do I hear you saying both?! πŸ˜‚ @Eden1717 Gonna be a crazy baking day!! 

Haha @Eden1717  I have to say that I do love the look of a cupcake with that kind of icing to cake ratio!! Looks awesome! 

Here's my contribution to the Xmas goodness- @MB95  I realised that *this* one actually is my favourite one (I've tried way too many recipes lol!). I do usually up the spices though.

Gingerbread biscuits

Gingerbread biscuits

@MB95  I also love that you've acknowledged that Xmas and the end of year can often be a bit of a weird time for people for so many reasons - I think that is so important to remember Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

hey @MB95, thanks for starting this thread, it's been great seeing all the yummy and lovely pictures that everyone has posted already!

I would say that some of my favourite aspects of Christmas is Christmas desserts...really putting that time into making fancy, tasty things you wouldn't put the effort in ordinarily Smiley Tongue

For some reason I've been really craving popcorn balls lately, and there have been some really nice ones floating around...

Candy Cane Popcorn Balls

plus this popcorn Christmas tree!

This is a great thread idea @MB95 Smiley Very Happy I will have to try some of these craft ideas and recipes