cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Am I tooo old for this site?

Great responses Tempus... who said 17 was too young to impart some good old knowledge!

Highlighted

@Tempus wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if I am quite old enough to share some wisdom, being 17 and all, but! I shall anyway Smiley Tongue.

@Lex Some amazing points you have, all very true, you're wisdom is showing Smiley Wink

Hahaha… I hope by "wisdom" you don't mean "age". They all are genuine life lesson's though. It took me about 45 minutes to come up with all of them!

@Tempus wrote:

1. Finding yourself is a life's journey, but it helps if you get out in the world and do everything you've ever wanted

2. If you're not chasing your dreams, then what are you doing with your life?

3. "If you plan to go nowhere, you'll get there"

4. Knowledge is only true when shared

5. "Happiness is not real unless shared" - Chris McCandless

I like this. Also, with #3, you can spin it positively, too. Sometimes I am looking to get lost; sometimes I plan to lose myself, so I can find myself again.

I especially like #2.  I'm living my dream life right now but I find it really easy to forget that it's true, and I often forget how much work it took to get here. The biggest problem with achieving your dreams, though? When you do it, you have to come up with new dreams!

Highlighted

Haha maybe I do mean age Smiley Wink.

Funny, it took me 5-10 minutes, maybe that's because they are the life lessons, and more, I keep re-telling myself everyday to make sure I keep pushing myself into my new and better life!

Haha! Coming up with dreams is the easy part Smiley Tongue, just dream big!

It's really fantastic to hear Lex that you're living your dream life!

If only everyone could learn from here, I think the world would be better off Smiley Happy.

Is it kind of weird that I actually learnt all of these lessons in the past 6 or so months?

Highlighted

Awesome stuff Tempus 

I really like the last one because at any age we all strive for happiness and some think happiness is money but you are so true everything is better when it is shared Smiley Happy 

I wonder what lessons you learnt the hard way, some stories would be great??  Smiley Happy 

I love that quote Smiley Happy, I only heard it a few weeks ago when watching a movie for school. The movie was "Into the Wild", it's an amazing movie!

Oh sure Ruen! I've got a few stories. Some of the stem from that I am a silly teenage guy who had to go and get his heart broken like an idiot Smiley Tongue. I will just have to make a few posts with stories in them Smiley Tongue, haven't made one of those for awhile Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

Heart break.. worst thing to experience but can be the best lessons in life. Smiley Happy

Oh yes, it has taught me lessons but exploring philosophy does that just as well Smiley Wink
Highlighted

i'm not sure how wisdomous i am, but perhaps that's part of my wisdom - if you think already know it all, you're dead wrong Smiley Wink

what i've learnt is that as soon as you think you have everything sorted - it changes. Change truly is the only constant, so you have to learn to throw your hands up in the air and just go with what happens.

I've also learned that the hardest thing to do in life is just to accept yourself for who you are, but to keep questioning yourself also means that you're not taking anything for granted and it keeps life interesting.

I've learned that love comes in many, many forms and that if you're constantly searching for the 'perfect partner' you might miss out on my other wonderful kinds of love and relationships that might end up being more important.

I've also learned that I find it hard to be succinct about some things Smiley Wink

JD