Re: Awesome Australian things

And face painting
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

You need hot chips with tomato sauce - tell them they're not allowed to call them "fries" or "ketchup" Smiley Tongue

Download an episode of neighbours!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@ohheylisa May I present to you, a hills hoist. Ah so many childhood memories in one picture. I'm hoping that you have come across the term 'goon' before and can pretty much work out what goon-of-fortune is by the picture alone.

hills hoist

As for pass the pascel, there are many variations, but if you want to combine aussie slang and random cheap souveniers into the one game, then this is it!

There is one major prize. This is wrapped up and then you just add more layers. Inbetween each layer can be a souvenier, a dare, some lingo or anything you like. The more weirder the better, especially if it is an adult only party. The best thing about this game is that you can adapt it for any age group. Smiley Happy

Okay, now the game is set up, basically you sit around in a circle and play music. You pass the parcel around the the group and randomly stop the music. The person who has the parcel when the music stops, takes off the top layer. Whatever is between the layers, they keep / do. Smiley Happy 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Don't forget to play some Acca Dacca! AKA AC/DC and a few of my fave slang terms are:
- up shit creek
- out whoop whoop!
- pear shaped
- not my cup of tea
- big smoke
- cactus (not the plant); it's
- clucky
- doovalacky
- FIGJAM
- Larrikin
- she'll be right
- hard yakka

I say 'fave' but what I really mean is that they are the ones I am aware of that I use all the time.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie the hills hoist!! good one!! and goon of fortune hahaha classic!

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

aaaahhhahaha you guys are hilare!!

There are some good slang quizzes out there

http://justcreative.com/2008/01/26/australia-day-test-your-aussie-slang/

http://www.factmonster.com/quizzes/aussie/1.html

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Aw I hope you enjoyed your time in Australia @ohheylisa !  

If you're having an Australian party you definitely need lammingtons! And don't use your giant American red plastic cups you need those tiny little white cups we seem to get stuck with in Australia (basically to satisfy any kind of thirst you need to refill it 39473947 times). Oh, and sparklers when it gets dark!

@ohheylisa how was the party?