cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[BOOK CLUB]: Love, Simon (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda)

Hey guys,

So we already have the Books! thread (where you're welcome to post what you're currently reading Smiley Very Happy) but I thought it'd be cool to start our very own book club on the forums! This will be an ongoing feature where we'll have threads to discuss a specific book - what we liked, what we didn't like, what themes are explored, how we can relate things back to our own life etc. 

The first book we'll be discussing is Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, otherwise known by its film title: Love, Simon.

Image result for love, simon

If you're not familiar with the synopsis, here's one from Wikipedia:

Simon Spier is a closeted gay 16-year-old junior in high school, and a fond musical theater student. Unknown to everyone, including his family and friends, Simon has been emailing with someone named "Blue", using the pseudonym "Jacques". As the two get closer however, Simon starts to get blackmailed, his secret threatened to be released if he doesn't play wingman for Martin, the class clown. Now, his sexual orientation and the privacy of the guy that he has been confiding in could possibly be compromised. Simon must find a way to step out of his comfort zone, before he is pushed out, and before he loses Blue, who gets more flirtatious every day.

Feel free to post some of your own discussion questions if you've already read the book/watched the movie, otherwise I'll post some shortly Smiley Happy

Want to join our book club? Head down to your local bookstore or library, get your hands on a copy of the book (and watch the movie, too, if you haven't already Smiley Tongue) and then come back to this thread to share your thoughts!

Re: [BOOK CLUB]: Love, Simon (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda)

It's actually perfect timing that you've posted this thread @lokifish considering I've recently read this book over the weekend! I have yet to watch the movie but overall, I really liked the book Smiley Happy. I was also wondering, did the book portray a good and accurate representation of the LGBTQIA+ community? Also, are we allowed to post spoilers in this thread?

Re: [BOOK CLUB]: Love, Simon (Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda)

Ahhh yes @lokifish I'm so excited for this!! Haven't read the book yet but I'm going to put it on hold at the library today!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 201 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors