cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Budget Buys

Hi all,

I've been doing some shopping these past few weeks and managed to find a lot of things on sale. Shopping is literally one of my favourite activities and I love receiving 'happy mail' from my online orders and exploring new stores. With the recession and all, it can be hard to find gifts and good pick-me-up products that don't eat up too much of our budgets.

So I thought to make a thread celebrating our favourite cheap buys! They could be nifty gadgets that you can't live without, something that can assist in our wellbeing, or beautiful inexpensive gifts that you've received or given to someone else.

giphy

Re: Best Budget Buys

what a nice idea! well i haven't bought it yet but i'm planning on it -- a posture corrector! it's like $20 and my posture is so bad that it hurts my neck and gives me headaches/low back pain

seems like an ineffective way to help me in the long term Smiley Happy)

@wanderingwasp  I have a similar problem because I'm really short and my feet don't touch the floor when I'm sitting on chairs. I've even had to have physio due to repetitive strain injuries from long periods of typing. I've never thought of a posture corrector though. It sounds like a good idea! I've put a cheap stool underneath chairs to help. You can also buy cheap keyboard armrests and mousepads with a gel bump for your wrist.

I once made a DIY trinket box many years ago by covering a round cardboard box with newspaper pieces and painting it. I glued some fake furry material to the inside and put some stickers and glued some other things onto the lid. It looked great! I think I still have it.

I love this because i love shopping, especially when there is so many good deals! 

(I'd be lying if i didnt say that a clothes store is literally open in my google tabs right now lol Smiley Very Happy )

I bought a lovely dress for only $20 !! It makes me so excited for summer!

I've also bought a lot of hair clips for when i finally cut my hair to donate to kids! I can't wait to do cute hairstyles on my newly cut hair! 

@WheresMySquishy what a great thread! I love kmart too much, especially in these times! I've been trying to buy my books from there, they can be up to half price compared to book stores (but I wanna support them both still hahaa)

@Tay100  I like Kmart too! They have a lot of cheap things for crafting, scrapbooking, stationery, etc. I was unimpressed with my local Kmart last time I visited because they removed a lot of the things I usually like. I also find that the quality of paper and some other things isn't as good as more expensive stores. But I usually tend to get books from places like Kmart and Big W too, unless I want to order a specific book. I got so many books from Big W for my sister over the years.

I love the gift shop! It's my go to place I go to  buy birthday items such as gift cards, party accessories, gift wrapping, ribbons, decorative round boxes, bags to prepare as presents for friends and families.

@WheresMySquishy apparently Big W is a part of Woolies, or am I wrong there? Yeah Big W is great for colouring and creative books, and the bigger Kmarts, the 24/7 ones, have a great range in more 'teen/YA/adult' novels!

@Liliann  That's such a good idea! There's a gift shop in a shopping centre not far from us that we've gone to a few times to buy gifts. They even have gifts for specific birthdays (such as 18th, 21st, etc) and occasions. They aren't that expensive either.
You can also find cheap gifts in hospitals. One of the hospitals my sister was in had a gift shop with cheap secondhand gifts that people had donated. She got things from there a few times.

@Tay100  I think it is. Some of the brands are the same between the two.
Smiley Surprised There are 24/7 Kmarts? I don't think our nearest one is, but then again I haven't gone to other shopping centres much this year.