cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Big Brother or Big Bother?

I don't think anyone could have missed seeing one of the promos, unless they literally haven't watched TV for the last 3 weeks, but Big Brother starts again tomorrow night after a few years break.

I just wonder if you guys think you will watch it this time around? Did you watch it last time? Do you think it will be a hit or has Australia moved on?

I reckon lots of people will watch the first few nights, but I guess it will all come down to whether the Housemates are interesting after that. The producers are saying that the people in the House will be more clever and funny this year... but I think they have pretty much said that every year haven't they!???

Highlighted

Re: Big Brother or Big Bother?

Ugh. I can't stand Big Brother. I've never watched it, and I really hope that everyone else has moved on too.

Maybe they could put a whole bunch of people in a house and get them to solve the world's problems? I'd probably watch that Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

BB is doing its thing here in North America too.
Plenty of eye rolling and yet quite a few people in my twitter feed have said they're watching it as a guilty pleasure.

Broadly speaking, it's conceptually interesting but the implementation is just awful and always has been.
Highlighted

Well considering I think I was only in late primary school when Channel 10 axed it, and I don't have any older siblings I never watched it, but judging from what people have said I don't think I could stand watching it. They just sit around in a house all day and do nothing/be stupid? Then again, I can't stand most things on TV for that matter... Just my two cents... Smiley Tongue

I've never watched it and have no idea the main idea behind it...
I watched a bit of the intro to who's in the house... I watched them intro the 4th and 5th person, then left the room.... I doubt I'll end up watching any of the series...
---
@Lokifish; I'll second you, I can't stand most things on tv either, some is okay, though more often than not I'll end up leaving a show half way through because it's boring... it really has to be interesting to capture my attention... and then I struggle to stay focused on it the whole time...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee same here, and if something's interesting enough that I'm actually keen to watch it I'll watch it online. That way you don't have to put up with twenty thousand ad breaks (which are two minutes apart, so there ends up being more ads than the actual show itself) For some reason I always find it easier to focus on something when I watch it on the computer than the TV...

Bottom line: I just really don't get the point of reality TV and how people can actually find it interesting.

@Lokifish; OMG how true is that.... Ads ads ads.. like come-on! I remember in yr9 or 10 my english teacher wanted us to do some activity in class based on an ad, and I was like "Miss, what if we never watch ads?" and se asked what I meant and how I can't not watch them, and I was like, I always walk out of the room when they are on or mute them and start talking to mum or whoever is in the room... it was funny...
But same I find it so much easier to watching something online (if I can find it online) than on the TV.... because of the darn ads...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee Hahaha yeah same here, everyone's always like "did you see the new ad for ____?" and I always go "uh, no..." Then they reply with "but how can you not have seen it, do you live under a rock or something?!"

No I do not live under a rock, I just don't watch them. The TV stations always turn the volume of the ads up so they're louder than the show, another reason to mute them or just not watch TV at all. Smiley Tongue

Finding shows online can be hard though like you said, especially ones from the US etc. when they sense your I.P. address and you get the stupid message "sorry, this video is not available in your country." That's always REALLY annoying.

Oh god...why did channel 9 thing it was a good idea to bring back this show!

Highlighted

Ugh, I never liked nor really watched Big Brother at all. I think it's rubbish, I'd rather read about the original Big Brother in Orwell's 1984.