cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Books, books, and more books!

I've been reading the Silmarillion, which is a kind of companion books to Lord of the Rings (written by Tolkien and his son, Tolkien). It covers a lot of the mythology and history of the world, it's really cool! I recommend it to anyone who loves LoR, or just fantasy in general.

Have you guys read any good books lately? I'm really keen to hear about them!

Re: Books, books, and more books!

Stolen by Lucy Christopher is a book about a girl who is kidnapped and taken to Australia. It is such a good book.
Also the Tiger Curse Saga are four books that are awesome by Coleen Houck. They are a bit of a love story but still very good in my opinion.

I'm still plodding along through the classics. I think I've been reading Anna Karenina for about three months now!

I just finished reading 'The Boy Who Wouldn't Die' by David Nyuol Vincent. He's a Sudanese-Australian who grew up in refugee camps across Africa. Such an eye-opening book that I'd recommend to everyone.

I am reading "A Woman of Independence" which is a memoire by Kirsty Sword Gusmao, who is an activist from Melbourne who worked as an undercover activist in Indonesia and East Timor. She got involved in the freedom movement in East Timor, got married to Xanana Gusmao, who became the first leader of free East Timor and became First Lady. She now runs a foundation for women and girls in East Timor. Quite a story!

blithe

I'm reading JK Rowlings non-harry & also adult book.... Casual Vacancy... so far it's... hmmmmm will let you know if it gets better. I had high expectations.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

PS Now The Boy Who Wouldn't Die & A Woman of Independence are on my list!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I have been reading The Lord Of The Rings,too it's amazing. Also Mockingjay by Suzzane Collins.

the gone girl is really great 

@blithe That sounds like an amazing story! Definitely one to read

@EloiseRose My Literature teacher recommended that to me as well.

Given that almost everyone over here is introverted, I'd definitely encourage you all to read Quiet: The Power of Introverts In A World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I'm reading it at the moment and it's great. Smiley Happy