cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books, books, and more books!

@blithe Ooo! I'll go check that one out!

I've been reading Half The Sky: How To Change The World by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl Wudunn. One of my friends lended me a copy of The Pact by Jodi Picoult, which I'm yet to read. Hmm~I think it's time for me to find some light-hearted fiction. Smiley Tongue

Ever since my mental illness hit me a few years back I haven't been able to read (literally) but I have been reading some non fictions by C.S.Lewis. its very slow going as I can only read a page a day if that, but it's really interesting.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead  What kinds of non-fiction books did C. S. Lewis write? I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, but I didn't know he wrote non-fiction works as well!

@Magga CS Lewis wrote a lot of theological/ philosophy/ moral texts. He also has a Sci-Fi series.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@redhead - Ah, that makes sense! Thanks Smiley Happy

@EloiseRose I love the Gone Girl! Can't wait to see the movie. Hopefully it does the book justice!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@Sophie-RO Did you finish The Casual Vacancy? I started reading and tried to finish but really couldn't get into it.

Right now I'm reading Blood Born by Kathryn Fox.

@Sophie-RO,

How did you go with Casual Vacancy - did it pick up for you? Iit is a bit heavy going to start with but I was totally wrapped up in it by the end. Was so impressed by it, actually. I enjoyed the Harry Potter series but I really admired the fact that JK Rowling wanted to write a story about life in the UK for the haves and have-nots. It seems like she has a real social conscience and she wanted to bring all her Harry Potter readers along with her to look in a different way about people they might ignore or look down on if they saw them in the street.

blithe

Does anyone own 'Scribble Diary' by Lisa Currie? I heard that it is meant to be awesome and good for your mental health. I should get my copy hopefully this week.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @blithe and @Cassie - I'm perseverring with casual vacancy.. slowly but i can't wait to get to the time where it becomes a page turner!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com