cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Books!

I'm reading 'I Am Nujood - Aged 10 and Divorced.' The title is pretty self-explanatory; she's a Yemeni girl who became the world's youngest divorcee a few years ago, and is now an advocate against forced child marriages. It's a heartbreaking story but also incredibly insightful

book i am currently reading : all the bright places by jennifer niven

a couple of my favs include:
- perfume by patrick suskind
- i'll give you the sun by jandy nelson
- the book thief by mark zusak
- delirium by lauren oliver
Highlighted

Nice @lenadolan Smiley Happy What's all the bright places about?

I'm currently rereading Miss Peregrine, I'm almost finished the first book Smiley Tongue

@N1ghtW1ng 'All the bright places' could be a bit of a trigger warning for some people as it does involve two characters contemplating suicide. But it is a story about friendship and going the distance. It is one of my favourites. I haven't read it in a long time. 

Highlighted

@lenadolan ooo I loved Perfume! I got a copy as a birthday present once and it was probably one of the best gifts I've received. I though the story was super interesting, and the main character too

Highlighted

At the moment I'm in the middle of Red Ruby Heart In A Cold Blue Sea by Morgan Callan Rogers. It's set in the 1960s and is about a girl whose mother disappears

Oooh that sounds interesting @lokifish!

I'm reading Here I Am, by Jonathan Safran Foer, about a Jewish family struggling to get along and understand their differing religious ideas. Beautifully written and very thought provoking!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

I'm almost finished The Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs and I'm not sure what I should read next...
Highlighted

Read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close @N1ghtW1ng!

I'm reading Work, Strife Balance by Mia Friedman at the moment.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Image result for when breath becomes air

Holy hell, this book. Damn thing genuinely made it hard for me to breathe when I finished it. Absolutely brilliant read, even if the premise is somewhat dark. (It's an autobiography from a neurosurgeon who dies from cancer. Sounds grim, but the way he goes about it is breathtakingly beautiful and tragic, all at once. By the end of the book I was rooting for him to somehow miraculously survive, even though I knew there was no way it could happen.)