Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

At the moment I am reading 1984 by George Orwell Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

I am slowly working my way through Becoming by Michelle Obama Smiley Happy

Ooooo @Jess1-RO, my friend gave a speech on that novel when we did a topic on justice and injustice. It sounds really interesting. I think I might add it to my 2019 reading list Smiley Tongue

How are you finding that book @MaddywSmiley Happy

@unwind it's definitely a worthwhile read! I'm a big fan of dystopian novels at the moment and thought challenging worlds Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

I've just picked up James Cooks Biography (Obviously not an autobiography seeing as he was murdered over a century ago!
Highlighted

I'm reading Superfreakonomics at the moment! I'm not finding it as engaging as the first one but if you're interested in learning a bunch of really weird and fun facts, it's a great read!

@Jess-RO Biographies usually aren't my thing (and take me forever to read) but I adore the Obama's so I'm slowly making my way through the book. I've almost finished the first section which is dedicated to her upbringing and early life, along with her schooling and college years and already you get a strong sense of why she is the way she is. I have a few more chapters until Barack is introduced into the story and am looking forward to hearing about life whilst inside of the White House. 

I've just finished reading "Am I There Yet?" by Mari Andrews - about half of it is watercolour illustrations by Mari and just a really nice, quirky fun book to read - very light but nice. 

Also I want to read some more John Green books - I have read Paper Towns - any suggestions?

The fault in our stars is one of the best books I've read @Misty12! It's written by John Green, warning though, like all other books written by him it is undeniably tragic! Smiley Wink

@Misty12 I read all of Johns books a few years ago and remember finding them enjoyable and easy to read, whilst also covering some pretty big issues (so I'd read the book blurb first to see what its about and if its for you).  I really liked The Fault in our Stars (although it will probably make you cry a lot) and his latest book, Turtles all the Way Down. His brother Hank recently released his first debut novel titled An Absolutely Remarkable Thing which I also thoroughly enjoyed and recommend.