cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

Everything Everything! The movie was so well constructed around the book!

I've also read Before I Fall - the movie was nothing compared to the book; a bit disappointing I must say.

I recently watched The Wife and it was absolutely amazing! I know it's based on a book, but I haven't read it yet. I know the book is always better than the movie, but this movie was 10/10 so I have no idea how the book could be better. I guess I better investigate and find out! 

Currently reading The Girl They Left Behind by Roxanne Veletzos.

It's a true story about a girl orphaned in Romania during the Nazi occupation. Sounds pretty bleak but it's quite well done - there are some rather heartfelt moments in it

@mspaceK I really had to think about this one. I think the crew responsible for making To All the Boys I've Loved Before (you can find it on Netflix) did a really good job of translating the book to screen. The casting was spot on and you felt all the feels you did whilst reading to books. Cant wait to see the second book adapted into a movie (I'm a sucker for a good rom-com Smiley LOL)! 

I had no idea that was even a book @Maddyw ! So keen for that sequel Smiley Very Happy

@Puppies026  There's 3 books in the series and I think I binge read all of them in about 2 days Smiley Embarassed Smiley Very Happy haha 

I will never stop spouting about how much I love Percy Jackson and the Olympians! Great series Smiley Happy

Not a book-to-movie story, but I recently started reading Far From The Tree by Andrew Solomon. It's about parents who have children that are very different to them in some way - deaf children with hearing parents, short-statured children, gay and trans children to straight parents, children that became criminals, and other situations like this. It's so interesting to hear how parents adapt to loving their children when they don't resemble them as much as they had hoped. I'm only a hundred pages in (it's 900 pages!) but so far so good!

Highlighted

Last night I finished reading How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed. I found this book after falling into a bit of a self help/social psychology rabbit hole on Booktopia and found it informative, offhand and easy to read. There was nothing life changing or revolutionary about the text, but was full of everyday examples of how we can all connect and communicate better. I should note it was published in the early 1930s and the fact that it still has a profound impact today is just a credit to Carnegies methods and our need connect with one another.

Hey @mspaceK I just saw this question. but I think that the movie adaptations of the Hunger Games were done really well!

I'm about to start reading Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig, and I can't wait! 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //