cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

@TOM-RO Brene Brown is incredible! I love her books and TED talks Heart

I finished reading My Penguin Year by Lindsay McCrae, a BBC cameraman. He talks about his experiences filming the emperor penguins in Antarctica over winter, which is quite incredible!

Now I'm reading The Wonderful Mr Willughby by Tim Birkhead, which explores the life of one of the first ornithologists (and scientists in general) back in the 17th century. Very interesting Smiley Happy

I just finished reading the first Percy Jackson series and aah 🥰 such a fun journey and such good closure at the end

last book i read was the body keeps the score - which is an amazing book on trauma and different types of therapy approaches

currently reading the boy who was raised as a dog - which is a fascinating and engaging book on childhood trauma cases and links to the brain

i want to read - before the coffee gets cold because it's a japanese book and i love japanese culture!!

I've read a few books since I last posted here Smiley Tongue

Currently halfway through The Last Voyage of Mrs Henry Parker by Joanna Nell, which I'm really enjoying! I loved her first book (The Single Ladies of Jacaranda Retirement Village) so had to check out her latest work Smiley Very Happy

started reading the girl in the window very interesting and the mystery in it makes you want to read all day long. totally worth the read

Hi! I’m new here so I don’t really know how this forum works but I love reading books!

I really suggest reading “Children of Blood and Bone” series! It consist of two amazing  books, soon to be three and has a fiction fantasy theme. And it will soon be turned into a movie!

Is anyone else into fantasy books aswell! 😃

@Potatoes_are_good I'm not a big reading person or TV & movie person, I used to be. I just lose interest easily.

I used to read Cathy Cassidy & John Green books when I was younger, they were both good authors.

I have a few musician biographies, rock & metal ones, or just rock & metal history etc.

Can't remember the last time I read a book & what it was. I think when I was in hospital in 2018 for my first surgery, I think it was a biography.

Heyyy @musicfan_xo!

Ooooo I can tell your into rock and metal music! That’s really cool. 
Im definitely into music more than I am into books aswell, and this is definitely proven becuase when I was in high school I was part of the music scholarship.

Know this is a “Books” thread but who’s your favourite music artist/s? 

@Potatoes_are_good yep, I love rock and metal haha. It's all I listen to.

Matchbox Twenty are my favourite band, and Rob Thomas who is the singer & a solo artist. Also Tabitha's Secret, the band before them. They're all rock. But I love lots of bands. They're all my main favourites though. They've all saved my life.

How about you?

@musicfan_xo If I’m going to be completely honest, I don’t know who any of those artists are ahaha (but I’m not into rock) but it sounds like their music has helped and supported you a lot, so that’s all that matters 😊

I’m personally really into hip-hop, RnB and rap. Like you, this music means so much to me and has definitely gotten me through a lot of stuff