cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Books!

I'm super excited for the release of Rick Riordan's the Tyrant's Tomb as part of the Trials of Apollo series! I should be receiving it soon in the mail but it seems they've delayed the delivery by one week Smiley Surprised

I'm currently reading Carrying Albert Home by Homer Hickam. It's a quirky, semi-true story about a road trip with an alligator named Albert!

Oh, did you guys know that Homer Hickam built one of the first ever rockets? He also has a movie called October Sky and a book called The Rocket Boys. I recommend the book and movie to y'all. 

@Animallover2003 Carrying Albert Home was the first book of his I've read - I'm yet to check out his other works! Will have to add it to my list. Thanks for the recommendation Smiley Very Happy

I finished Educated by Tara Westover the other day (TW for family violence). Now I'm reading another autobiography - Born At The Right Time by Ron McCallum, who is Australia's first blind professor Smiley Surprised

I have been reading Big Little Lies (very slowly I may add whoops haha!)

Has anyone read this one? What are your thoughts on it? I'm finding it a bit hard to get into Smiley Indifferent Maybe because I am reading it too slowly!

Check out our community activities calendar here

I love Big Little Lies @Jess1-RO! It's actually one of my favourite books of all time. In contrast, I found it really easy to get into, but then again I had quite a lot of spare time at the time to read it. But anyway, it gets better in the end - there's a really great plot twist which I really liked! There's also the TV series as well based off it. Have you seen/heard of it? It's really good - like one of the better tv show adaptations in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm currently rereading Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman. I haven't read this book since I was in primary school! It feels so good getting back into Pullman's masterful storytelling! Smiley Very Happy

I’ll have to put some more time into it and block out some regular reading time. I have heard it has been made into a film @Esperanza67, I’ll have to add it to my Christmas holiday movie list!

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Esperanza67 I've read "Big little lies" as well and I'm the same as you, absolutely LOVED it!!! I havn't watched the TV series though as I can be quite skeptical of remakes of books, however, I am curious to see how they've done it!
I'm going to watch it in my summer holidays!

They've changed Madeline Martha Mackenzie's storyline a bit to make her storyline more interesting, but other than that, the show is really good @statuscaring! Especially the acting portrayal of the main characters!

Right now I'm reading book four of Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon. Yes, that's the one the TV show's based off!

After not reading anything for almost a year, I've been absolutely devouring the series. I'm up to the fourth book. Sure, it's comics rather than just words, but hey it's more than I've read all of last year, so I'm considering it a win.