cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bored . So Hello

Heya Smiley Happy

I'm alright. Can I be honest though? I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is... it's like TwittRO, but, not? Hmm... Smiley Frustrated Smiley Tongue

heya @lokifish
it basically just a social chat thread Smiley Happy im not on twittRO though from what ive seen its more like a 'status' like a fb post so not really the same as here.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

That's true @scared01 although TwittRO is kind of used that way too, the difference being there's less "follow-up" or asking about things later in the week. It's not bad to catch up for sure, but I feel kind of left out of this thread if I'm being honest because of this catch-up style between a few users. Does that make sense?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@scared01 I can see how you'd make that differentiation - that's helpful, thanks Smiley Happy

Like @N1ghtW1ng has just said, though, something we've noticed as mods is that these threads are sometimes becoming a little diary-like - almost a short sads 2.0? Whereas by having a thread that's more Facebook-style updates there's potentially less risk of that happening. Would be interested to hear what you think Smiley Happy

ah i see @N1ghtW1ng sorry you feel left out though
i generally dont follow unless im tagged in for just a social chat

hmm im not sure @lokifish i dont follow this thread always, mostly when im tagged in and can talk in 'real time' so to speak just like having a normal convo with someone. when im on here i try to keep it positive like just social stuff 'hows your day been' 'whats the weekend looking like for you' some are on holidays atm so check in with them when they are able to sort of thing. i try to keep the heavy stuff on separate threads

@scared01 ah yeah, I didn't mean to single you out or anything. It's just that you happened to tag me tonight Smiley Tongue and also you're an epic forum user so your views on the community are really important Smiley Happy

The point about not visiting a thread unless you're tagged is interesting, actually. I'm the same way sometimes

i didnt think you meant that Smiley Happy was just giving my pov @lokifish
i follow sometimes with the tougher threads but this sort of thread i dont follow unless tagged or i do pop in so to speak. as humans we cant me everywhere all at once Smiley Wink
i like the social chats rather than reading the 'status' type ones- does that make a little sense?

@scared01 I understand where you're coming from. I'm not sure if you've noticed it before, but we actually have a social "chit chat" thread already (which I've linked below because I'm lazy and on quick reply). I totally understand your and others wants for a more social type thread. However as this thread as progressed I've noticed it's actually quite a status-update thread too, with social conversations. Does that make sense? Because of this I find it really difficult to jump in as there's a lot of history behind the conversations. Chit chat though is just that, a chat thread where the conversations that happen don't rely on knowing things that have been posted before. And for my sieve-like memory, that's really nice.

(the thread: https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Hanging-out/Chit-Chat/td-p/237684/page/70)

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

i have noticed that thread @N1ghtW1ng but thought sticking to one social thread (for me) was enough, what i hadnt noticed though was the status-update thread but can see that now since ive read back.