cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bored . So Hello

sup

hello @cc182 its nice to meet you, how are you going? whats your plans for this weekend?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

sleeping and homework lol

Hey everyone, I can see where you guys are coming from regarding the state of this thread. While it's nice to check on how everyone's going every now and again, I do think at times it can be repetitive and since there are so many conversations going on at once it's hard to keep track of, especially if you don't go on the forums every day. What do you guys think of this?

That's a good point @Esperanza67, I think that's the reason why I feel like the thread is exclusive, there's often many of those conversations it's hard to find the space to jump in and say hello.

does anyone ever have those Saturday nights where you want to do something but your not sure? 🤔😓 like more you want to watch a movie but your indecisive if you  want want to read a book instead etc 

yah also reachout forums aren't exactly formatted in a way that's easy to see who's talking to who lol

@cc182 I guess you could always tag them? If that helps??

Hey everyone!

Firstly, @keezeik and @cc182, welcome to RO! Smiley Happy

@N1ghtW1ng @lokifish @Esperanza67 @scared01 to address the comments made earlier this evening, I’m glad someone has brought this up, because I’ve been wondering very similar things.

The biggest concern I have is when tough times get brought into this thread (as with any social thread), because this is really not the space for ruminating about tough times. I also remember reading a comment that someone was getting triggered when this happened, so this is really something that needs to be worked on a bit more.

Personally, I don’t know if I would go as far as to say that this thread is becoming “Short Sads 2.0”, but I can see ‘diary-like’ elements coming through in some of the posts. I really don’t see the merit in having more than one thread with the same premise to be honest. Looking at the opening pages of this thread, it appears to me that what it is being used for now is not really the premise upon which it was started.

I believe that there are valid concerns about people being left out here. I agree with the comments earlier that this thread has become an exclusive exchange between a number of users, which is really not ideal for a social space in the first place. In fact, I would go one step further and say that if the entire community is not being explicitly included, then I’m really not sure that this thread is serving a purpose consistent with what we are trying to achieve on RO.

As I said at the start of this post, I’m glad we are having this discussion, and I would love to know others’ views on what I’ve written (please feel free to disagree completely). I also want to emphasise that I believe that posts in this thread have been made with the best of intentions, and that I don’t believe there is any fault or blame for the current situation.

I don’t believe that the current situation is ideal, and so I’d be keen to hear people’s ideas as to where we go from here. I do have some thoughts which I might post at a later time.

Hey @scared01 sorry for another delayed reply. I'm having a good time. My second tour Started Thursday. Left Los Angeles and headed for Sin City Las Vegas. Spent 2 days there Now heading for the Grand Canyon.

I hope you're well and everything is going smoothly for you