cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Caitlyn Jenner

What does everyone think of the Bruce Jenner stories on the news?

I actually didn't 100% believe it until tonight. I thought it was just the media being the media. But I watched 10 minutes of Bruce's interview and I thought it was amazing.

It makes me really proud to know that we are starting to grow up in an accepting world where people of all ages can be who they really are.

lanejane
Highlighted

Re: Bruce Jenner

@lanejane it was amazing watching people's reaction to the story and the interview itself - such a unified acceptance from virtually everyone!!

I was also reminded of the Katie Couric interview with Carmen Carrerra and Laverne Cox, where she asked rather insensitive and invasive questions. I'm so glad this interview with Bruce Jenner was way more respectful and allowing of her to tell her story as she wanted to

Highlighted

It's awesome to see her being true to herself!

It is great that she is finally able to talk about it. The media have been just awful and invasive in the lead up to this haven't they?

Transgender Australians have rates of suicide at least 14 higher than the rest of the population because of the stigma, discrimination and violence many face daily.

But support, love and a sense of belonging can counter all the hate so remember to be a supportive bystander if you ever witness discrimination or bullying of a trans person. And if someone comes out to you - your support and love can make all the difference in the world.

And if you are questioning your gender, remember support is out there.
If you want to know more...
http://au.reachout.com/all-about-sex-and-gender
http://au.reachout.com/sex-sexuality-and-gender-explained
http://au.reachout.com/lgbtiq-support-services

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Someone on a radio station I was listening to said Bruce Jenner is basically an example that you never stop learning about yourself and growing as a person.

I thought it was a media thing too and now I just feel like good on Bruce for finally stepping out.

@lanejane @ruenhonx  I was in the same boat as you guys - I didn't believe it completely until they actually came out with the interview. It makes me really happy to see that there's been such a positive reaction to the story though.

I haven't really followed the story all that closely, so I have a question that someone here might be able to answer! Did Bruce announce a name that they would prefer being called or anything ?

Bruce hasn't publicly revealed a name yet, and it would appear he is still comfortable with he/him pronouns Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I watched it online and I thought it was very brave and amazing!
Highlighted

Somewhat related - I have started watching the TV series Transparent and it's really good! In every episode I find myself crying, laughing, cringing and turning down the sound during the sex scenes Smiley LOL

Highlighted

Oooo, has anyone heard about the Vanity Fair cover ? Apparently Bruce is going to appear on the cover as his/her female identity. Hopefully it'll give some insight into what Bruce wants tot be known as etc. I basically buy like one magazine every ten years and for once, I'm actually keen on picking up one!