cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chit Chat

Hello and welcome to the forums @octoberbrooks2004  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy How are you today? 

If you'd like, you can introduce yourself by answering some spring themed questions over here or check this hanging out thread masterlist for a topic you might enjoy Smiley Happy

See you around the forums! 

Hi @octoberbrooks2004, welcome to the forums!

@scared01sounds like a plan to me Smiley Happy

Welcome @octoberbrooks2004  Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@WheresMySquishy it feels like a while since we've "spoken", how're you going? 

@Tiny_leaf  Thanks for checking in! Life has been super busy for me.
My sister has been coming to the hospital as an outpatient with a wheelchair taxi pending readmission as an inpatient in November and I am trying to organise assessments and aged care stuff for my grandma. There are appointments on daily, so it's pretty full on and I didn't get to be online much last week.
I'm also trying to submit some postgraduate course applications, but I was having some technical problems regarding submitting stuff and have been sending emails back and forth. They certainly don't make it easy to apply and the tech support I've received so far is not very good. Smiley Indifferent

I haven't been up to date with all your posts. How are you going?

@WheresMySquishy oh my gosh you must be exhausted with all that!

I hope you have some more luck and get into the course! And into the computer system.. Smiley Indifferent

A lot has been going on for me, but here's a brief summary of what's been happening in Tiny Leaf Land:

• Saw neurologist - he also thinks I have FND so that mystery's pretty much solved for good (phew!!)
  • MRIs were all normal - and it's been proven that I have both a brain and a spine Smiley Tongue
  • Was admitted to hospital
  • NDIS plan kinda approved  (it was suggested I formally complain)
  • Was discharged from hospital, admitted to headspace and discharged from headspace over the course of a few hours  (it was suggested I formally complain about that too)
  • Am going to have a nerve study done tomorrow to double check for any weird nerve-stuff before getting an official diagnosis of FND
  • Might be able to do work experience at a vet's office!!
  • Got to see a random puppy today - she was very wriggly and happy

@Tiny_leaf  Wow, that sounds like a lot!
The NDIS, hospital and headspace stuff sounds crazy. It's amazing how multiple systems can let us down all at once.
It's great that the MRIs were normal. Sometimes illnesses with similar symptoms to FND can be shown on MRIs. I'm glad that you're at least getting closer to a diagnosis. Even if it turns out not to be FND, it would be good to find out some more information and test results. How do you feel about getting a diagnosis?
The work experience sounds exciting!
Puppies are so cute! Seeing animals really lifts my mood. Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy The nerve conduction study really hurt. It basically involved the neurologists giving my leg multiple electric shocks..

But everything came back normal, so FND it is. Not really sure how I feel about it though. 

@Tiny_leaf that doesn't sound fun. At least you have an answer now Smiley Happy Do you have anything planned today?
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng not really. How about you?