cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerts

I went to see Lisa Mitchell in concert last night and I've been to a fair few others.

I know that many people find music comforting, so I was wondering - what concerts have you guys been to? Do you have a favourite, and if so, why?

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Re: Concerts

The only concerts that I have been to is Kasey Chambers (which I absolutely loved and got to meet her after the show) and Kevin Bloody Wilson (whom I also got to meet afterwards).

Im not sure if you have heard of Kevin Bloody Wilson, he is a comedian who writes hilarious songs. If you have a twisted sense of humour you should definatley check him out

Hey  @letitgo :-)

I have been to Michael Buble once and Missy Higgins twice. My favourite would be Missy Higgins and I'd definitely go again. She has a great sense of humour and isn't afraid to make fun of herself or swear when she forgets her lines. 

@Orchid I love musical comedy - thanks for the tip. I'm gonna look into Kevin Bloody Wilson now Smiley Happy

@letitgo Lisa Mitchell is awesome! And she was guest host on rage today too.

The last band I saw live was DMA's and they were good but didn't speak to the audience much but not every band does that.

My favourite band that I ever saw live was Coldplay. It was an arena show so it was massive! And they really know how to get the audience pumped Smiley Happy

@Orchid I haven't heard of Kevin Bloody Wilson, but I'll look them up!

@StarLord Oh, I ddn't know she was a guest host on rage! I'll have to see if that's on youtube! I've been listening to Warriors, her new album, today and I think it's pretty great so far.

Oh, what kind of music do DMA's perform? Haven't heard of them.

Coldplay would have been amazing! I think they're coming to Australia again soon. Arena shows are so cool. I went to Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry at Rod Laver arena and they were both really good! 

Hey @JanaG Smiley Happy

Oooh, they both sound good! I really like several Missy Higgins songs - Scar and Steer come to mind. Do you have a favourite of hers? I like artists who aren't afraid to make fun of themselves. Demi Lovato does that on stage, which I respect.

Scar is definitely one of them! Nightminds and  Don't Ever are some others. :-) Yeah, it definitely makes me respect her more.

@JanaG Going to look those up right now!

Have you heard of Josh Pyke and/or Kate Miller-Heidke? They're two other artists whose music I enjoy. 

my favourite line from Nightminds is "I will learn to breathe this ugliness you see."

Love it, thank you for the recommendation!