cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cool Music to Listen to

@StarLord My friend showed me that Ghengis Khan video a few weeks ago and although the song wasn't really my taste, the video with James Bond was really great!

I also like Focus by Ryan Keen which, fittingly, helps me focus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_DL18ExQM8

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@StarLord On the topic of using music to change you mood- have any of you heard of music eScape? It's an iPhone app designed by the Queensland University of Technology that's supposed to do precisely that, by helping you create playlists ordering yours songs to take you from one mood to another. For example, if you indicated you wanted to go from being sad to happy, the playlist it'll generate will start out with something sad like Taylor Swift's White Horse, then moving onto something slightly more hopeful like Begin Again, then moving onto Ours, before finishing up with something bouncy and energetic like Shake it Off.*

I haven't been able to try it personally (I'm an Android person), but from the concept I heard about while I was working with the Young and Well CRC it's definitely something I've been wanting to check out. You can find it in the app store using the link above.

*:I think I might've just exposed my inner Swiftie there, but I promise I'm not a rabid fan- she just has a really good range of songs that map across the entire emotional spectrum

oh my gosh so many good tunes thankyou everyone! @Orchid I'm a sucker for old school offspring thankyou for bringing them back to me!
Those videos are so great @Asche @StarLord I very rarely watch music videos at home and then every now and then i sit on youtube for HOURS.
ps How cool is grimes?!

Also I absolutely have to share with you guys, I went into a clothes shop the other day and they were playing Fall Out Boy, the From Under the Cork Tree album, I used to listen to it all the time when I was younger, and sometimes music from back then makes me feel sad or too overwhelmingly nostalgic but it didn't, I just felt so happy and so grateful listening to an album could envoke so many memories I had forgotten! Music is so powerful

Highlighted

@Asche music eScape is SO COOL, I've been trialling some apps to help with adolescents dealing with anxiety on my work experience days and music eScape is definitely my favourite. I rave about it to everyone at work!

Also, that last youtube music video hole I fell down was all swifty... her videos just reel you in!

pink guy is one of the best musicians of our time