cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Culinary creations

I had this idea that we could share stuff that we cook. Living on my own I have always wanted to share some of my meals with people, I thought what better place than with my new friends.
It can be anything from a delectable masterpiece or an throw out abomination. get cooking Smiley Happy
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Culinary creations

Hey @redhead 

Awesome post! Smiley Happy Sharing recipes is a great idea - there's sooo much wonderful food out there. 

I suppose some of my little personal favourites would be: 

• Crusty bread with baked camembert (with garlic, thyme and olive oil)
  • Banh mi (A Vietnamese roll with meat, coriander, pâté, pickled carrots, daikon & cues, chilli and fried onion)
  • Deep dish pizza
  • Chicken and mushroom marsala 

What are some of your favourites?

I love anything that is made from scratch, with a few exceptions. Smiley Happy Some of my favourites from over the years are:

• croissants
  • teriyaki stir-fry (I made the marinade from scratch)
  • chicken and leek pie
  • Chilli-Crusted Chicken Noodles

I could go on all night, but I won't bore you. But my favourite cut of meat would have to be lamb loin chops. Smiley Very Happy

I'm looking for a recipe for butternut pumpkin soup, but there are so many out there. Does anyone have a recipe that they would recommend? I don't want to spoil a homegrown pumpkin on a bland recipe.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I love this Smiley Happy

I make the best mince stew I call it "A la Rue" it is such an easy meal and so amazingly tasty. So basically its mince, spices- chilli (hmmmm), chick peas or kidney beans and cooking sauce. Yummy!!

My favourite meal to cook is a tofu stir fry. I kinda cheat and use marinated tofu so I don't have to a sauce. I'm a really bad cook.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

That sounds awesome @redhead 

There's no shame in cheating in the kitchen if the end result is delicious!

So I found a recipe for my pumpkin soup, but I followed it loosely. It turned out amazing! And I'm not usually that into soup. My dad has even given me another pumpkin to take back with me from my weekend at home. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hey @redhead I kinda feel that you would love Vegan Black Metal Chef. Have you seen his videos?

a friend showed me how to make laksa... ! 

thats my go to dinner with egg noodles yummmmm 

I live by myself so coooking for one can be hard because there are so many leftovers which is good but it also means you eat the same thing for a week haha

Best way to grill a steak on a pan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4

Every steak I cook at home comes out deliciously Smiley Happy