cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do Something Different

@Alicat changing up your diet is such a positive step to take! Wow, I really admire your ability to make that resolution and stick to it, and the idea of making your own raw treats! Keep us updated on how that goes!

Another thing I've tried is pushong myself to do at least one social activity a week, usually catching up with a friend. That might not seem like much but I often think my friends might be too busy to see me, so it's been helpful to challenge that mindset and affirm the fact that people can value me just as I value them.  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Good on you @Bay52VU
That's a really big change to make.

.. I used to eat chocolate every day and then I found my teeth became too sensitive to the sweetness so now I can't eat it!

@StarLord that's a super healthy/great change to make, even if it was out of our control.

Are there other things you can't eat due to having sensitive teeth?

@letitgo jubes, snakes and mixed lollies Smiley Sad ah well, such is life

Awesome thread idea! I agree that doing things differently makes life more interesting Smiley Happy

Last week, I decided to take a different bus home. And I'm glad that I did because now I know that i can take whatever bus I want home.

Hey guys!! Love this thread @Bay52VU!

Recently I have been trying to set aside some time to reflect on my day. I have been keeping at it for a few weeks now, but it is still very difficult to do sometimes. I basically just go through the events of the day and notice how I felt and if I am still ruminating over things. If I am, I make a conscious effort to solve the issue (if possible) or just be comfortable sitting with it.

I find it helps me move on from small mistakes that would have previously kept me up all night thinking about them. It also helps me notice how I felt during the day and helps put things into perspective.

I find it a very valuable skill to practise and really promotes the idea of not dwelling on the past and living in the moment.

@Alison5 I think taking time to reflect on your day is a really effective idea. I try to do that with writing a journal entry at the end of every day and it really does help, I find.

Today what I did differently was to apply for a volunteer position that my instinct was not to bother applying for because I thought I couldn't do it. I was proud of myself because I challenged that belief and applied anyway. I'll see how I go...  

I'm trying to start up drawing again. It's hard because I kind of suck, but I'm trying.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng I'm a terrible drawer so I feel your pain but hey, practice makes perfect Smiley Happy

@N1ghtW1ng I'm glad you're trying! I'm similarly trying to take up writing again but I haven't written anything in so long and I tend to criticise my own work so much that it's proving difficult.

What kinds of things do you like to draw?