cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if there's any other forums in Australia - mental health or not?

Hi.

Does anyone know of any other forums in Australia for mental health or not? I only know this, SANE and Beyond Blue and I've used all 3.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Does anyone know if there's any other forums in Australia - mental health or not?

@musicfan_xo  I haven't used any other mental health forums but other similar services are 7 Cups and Talklife. 
They're not exclusively Australian but I know some Australians who have used 7 Cups.
I'm not sure of other mental health forums in Australia that can be used to get support for any issue but maybe our community has other suggestions. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: Does anyone know if there's any other forums in Australia - mental health or not?

Hi @WheresMySquishy , thanks for that.

I'll check them out.

I kind of want to make a new BB Forum account since mine was deactivated but it'll be back on Monday so I may aswell wait? Dunno though? Plus I'm too scared to make a new one and say it's me on there?

Highlighted

Hey @musicfan_xo, that sounds like a difficult choice to make. It really sucks when decision making can cause us to feel scared and worried Heart We are always here to listen. Would it be helpful to try and pass the time until your account is reactivated?
Highlighted

Hi @Taylor-RO .

I'm not sure what help to get other than these, SANE forums and BB forums tomorrow.

I don't see my GP until the 13th, and my Psychiatrist until the 30th. So I don't know what to do

Highlighted

Hey @musicfan_xo ,

I'm so glad that you find the forums supportive.  You said you don't see your GP until 13th March.  Have you tried phone or webchat counselling before?  Apologies if you've already tried it!

Hope you are doing well Heart

Highlighted

I see my Psychiatrist on Skype, the GP in person. I do the live chats on places like BB too. @TOM-RO 

Highlighted

Hey @musicfan_xo ,

That's good to hear Smiley Happy.  If you do find extra counselling helpful you could try Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 or EHeadspace on 1800 650 890.  They have trained counsellors ready to talk to you if you need that little bit of extra support Heart.  They have webchat counsellors too if you prefer that format, see here and here.

Highlighted

Thanks again @TOM-RO . I've tried eHeadspace, no one has ever really been nice to me on there, just like the local Centre (manager, Psychologist and group members all made fun of my mental illnesses in the centre, which was traumatic for me and still is).

As for Kids Helpline, whatever time and day I try, I can  never get through on there? And I've emailed them but never got a reply.

Thanks though

Highlighted

Hey @musicfan_xo ,

Sorry you've had that experience.  Did you try the Kids Helpline webchat?  If so, that's disappointing that you can never get through.