cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: EVERYTHING ART

Nice @scared01! I've been wanting to try it myself but I have zero motivation and little space Smiley Tongue But if I do, I'll be sure to share it.

I believe that alcohol also has that effect? Rubbing alcohol I think it was. Or something like that Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Pallet Art Technique - Fluid Painting and Acrylic Pouring uses Acrylic Paints thinned with a pouring medium. Recommended Supplies for creating Fluid Painting Art and Acrylic Pouring Art can be found here. https://www.amazon.com/shop/nickyjamesburch Paint Colors: Quinacridone Magenta Medium Magenta

heres a link to show you what fluid art is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jvdMtsFLp0

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

um im not 100% sure  @N1ghtW1ng im still pretty new to it. im only aware of silicone and dishwashing liquid to do that so far

Thanks @scared01, I might take a look tomorrow.

thats alright @mrmusic no hurry or pressure 

hey everyone

im hoping to buy a few paints and make some more artworks tomorrow- the problem is i cant think of any good colour combinations! i use 3-4 colours so any suggestions would be really helpful!

Have you checked out videos on colour theory @scared01? There's things like triadic colours, complementary colours that might be a good place to start when finding colours. Maybe picked a few cool colours then one contrasting warm one? Or vice versa.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

thanks @N1ghtW1ng i hadnt even heard of that so will take a look

Hey @scared01 @N1ghtW1ng, a very basic question, where do you guys do your painting? I have nowhere I could really do it - not even outside as my parents are very proud of their patio! Washing the paintbrushes would be an issue too as there are no sinks I could use because they need to be spotless for other uses.

If I can get this sorted I would like to try some fluid art, as I really like it and it’s not that hard to get a decent result.

@mrmusic I've only ever painted once and I did it in my room on my desk. I put down a bunch of newspaper for any extra mess. I kind of want to get an easel or something, like a desk easel to really have that "place" for art. (because my parents won't let me have another room to use as a study or art room Smiley Tongue)
But in regards to sinks and stuff, I use the sink in the bathroom and to be honest, it's really easy to keep clean! Smiley Happy If you were to wash your brushes in any sink, and then wipe down the sink after, you wouldn't even know they'd cleaned paint brushes.
I imagine the best place to try fluid art would be in a bathroom or place with tiles (or outdoors) that you can clean up any messes easily. Having a tray underneath it is helpful too. You can be surprisingly neat with painting when you're careful Smiley Happy