cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footy

I made a thread for surfing now I'm making this thread for footy because it is one of my other favourite things, we already have a thread for AFL but this is more for actually playing footy. 

I have been playing footy for quite a few years. Ask me stuff and tell me your stories! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Footy

I played a season last year, but I'm doing soccer instead this year (I did both last year and it got incredibly hectic). It was pretty fun, and our team did unexpectedly well! I say 'unexpectedly' because it was the first time our club had put forward a girls team, and therefore none of us really knew what we were doing.

Neat thread @j95, what's your favourite position to play?

@roseisnotaplant cool Smiley Happy did you win any games??

I like to play in the forward line, I'd like to play ruck but I'm a little too short, spent the last couple of seasons trying to prove my coaches that I actually can play in ruck despite not being tall like most.

Yeah we won a few @j95. Almost made finals, which was exciting Smiley Tongue

I did Auskick and then under 9s as a kid - unfortunately women's footy wasn't on anyone's horizon back then so it became kinda hard to continue playing Smiley Sad I'd love to get back into it but I'm sooooooo unfit haha

Yeah it's a shame there isn't those opportunities, well there is but they are only coming up now @lokifish
Highlighted

Played in the ruck for a quarter today - saw the opposition team have a good laugh when they saw little me go into the ruck against their tallest player - but I did ok!!

A little bit annoyed because there is like an 85-90% chance I'm going to be suspended for the week for jumper punching somebody over the weekend, in my defence, he started it. The thing is, apart from surfing, footy is what keeps me regulated over the weekend, so suspending isn't doing me any good.

I'm definitely not playing this weekend and I'm so angry about it, I should be playing 

That sounds annoying @j95, what did you end up doing this weekend?