cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Fun Facts!

Hey so I haven't seen this thread yet. I recently started volunteering with kids online and they all seem to have such fun facts.

Feel free to share 1 or as many as you'd like. It can be as weird or normal of a fact as you'd like!!

Here are mine:

1. Female animals e.g. dogs can produce milk for other animals like kittens! Despite the female doggo never being pregnant (how cool) - saw this on a tiktok

2. Just like how nutrition is important for a newborn baby, so is touch and affection! Many studies show that a lack of touch can be detrimental to infants despite being fed plenty

3. We can all be strong (bit of a corny one hehe)

Highlighted

Re: Fun Facts!

I love fun facts! One time in class my teacher let us get an extra point on the test if we included a fun fact on the back of the paper Smiley Tongue

1. A baby spider is called a spiderling (this is so cute - only if I wasn't so terrified of them!)

2. Pigs and humans are the only creatures that get sunburnt!

Highlighted

@wanderingwasp 

I really love fun facts and trivial information. 

My contribution will be:

1. The person who was is most commonly regarded as the one who fathered the big bang theory, was actually a priest by the name of Georges Lemaitre

Highlighted

really?? that's crazy that other animals dont get sunburn! i wonder why that's the case

Highlighted

that's fascinating!!!!!! i find that really funny actually haha

Highlighted

Ha, I love these! 

Mine is: the ostrich is the only animal whose eyeball is bigger than its brain

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here
Highlighted

I love this thread!

Here are some fun facts:
- There are more trees on Earth than there are stars in the Milky Way.
- Sharks are older than trees.
- A fungus is the largest living thing on Earth.
- The word 'bed' actually looks like a bed.
- The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.

Highlighted

this is the best thing i've read today. i love all these facts, especially that sharks are older than trees???? what???? that's so cute

another fact:

honey bee populations are declining despite them being one of the most IMPORTANT things in our world. without honey bees, our agriculture/many vegetation groups will be gone Smiley Sad( please save the honey bees

Highlighted

My fun facts!

1. It's illegal to graffiti cows in Texas

2. Elephants are the only animal that can't jump

3. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

4. Up until age 7(ish) children can breath and swallow at the same time

Highlighted

the reason why women carry bouquets down the isle when they are going to get married is because way back in the day women could only have showers once a year so they would carry the bouquet to mask their smell. till this day we still carry bouquets but we carry them because they are pretty.