cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Funny/cute stories

Hello all,

I thought I'd start a thread where we can share recent funny/cute stories.

I thought I'd start with something funny/cute that happened recently with my nephew - It might be a "gotta be there" moment but I'll share it anyway.

So my mum made my 3 yr old nephew beef tortellini with broth. 4-5 minutes into eating it, he realised he didn't like the beef in the middle. My boyfriend asked..."what don't you like about the beef?" And he said "I...I don't like the texture." It was very cute and funny to hear a 3 yr old say the word texture...his vocab is pretty outstanding so it comes as a shock sometimes.

As I was writing this I realised how not-funny this story would come across to outsiders. Does anybody else want to have a go at telling us a funny/cute story? @Saltwaterdreamtime - I know that you/your partner has a son... can you think of a cute/funny story to share with us?

Highlighted

Re: Funny/cute stories

I once got in the wrong car when I was a kid, saw a Thomas the tank engine bag and asked if it was for my brother.. The mother in the car said no it was for her son. I was mortified!
Highlighted

@Maddy-RO Great thread idea!
We could have written books with the moments in our house. We’ve got a little one who is 3 later this year. I could update this nearly every hour if I wanted to.
Just recently it was:
“Hey what are you doing here!!?”
after putting him to bed and then him wandering out to lounge room, like we were in the wrong place and he definitely wasn’t....

I also remember having lunch at my mentors and one of their grandkids was there, and refused to come inside for lunch because she was spring cleaning the cubby houses and she was so aggresive in her actions too, throwing things out of the window.
Highlighted

Omg, that's hilarious @Lost_Space_Explorer5 ...she was probably thinking..."since when did I have this extra child?"

and hahaha @Saltwaterdreamtime - I love that. He's was probably thinking - "You've been telling me that it's bed time, so why aren't you in bed?"

And re. your mentor's grandchild, hahahah I just pictured it.

Thanks for sharing guys. Both stories made me laugh smile! Heart

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  And my response was “what are YOU doing here” and he ran back to bed and shut the door haha 

This is a regular thing now...

Highlighted

Smiley LOL hahaha I love that. My nephew has said some funny things about the virus, too. It's cute because he hears it on the news but doesn't really know what's going on. Apparently he asked his mum if coronavirus is at the park, and his mum said that its not, but that they can't go to the park at the moment because they don't want to catch/spread the virus. And he said "how do you spread the virus? With a knife?" (like peanut butter) Smiley LOL...and apparently he said out of nowhere "coronavirus is from bats" (must've got that info from the news) and says things like "mumma, I just don't love the coronavirus"

@Saltwaterdreamtime 

Highlighted

Haha it’s funny what they pick up @Maddy-RO
Today my partner and I had her parents visit for lunch (we are not in lockdown btw) and while we were both busy her mum quickly made our little man a sandwich, but obviously didn’t make it right because he immediately got up and threw the whole thing in the bin, including the bowl, barely saying a word. when I said “why did you do that” he said “yuck dont like”